• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

neilz4

Reaction score
How difficult are they to get hold of in the US and Canada ?
Regards
Stateside they are somewhat available. J Crew had them for a while but is now sold out (just checked, no product page any more). So by the looks of it one would have to go to END, but then there's customs charges. Or eBay/second hand.

EDIT: Just checked ebay, nothing for US/CA

Last edited:

Bullitt

Reaction score

I was getting ready to sell my Sage Beaufort in 44 as its a hair too big. I bought a Navy 42 Bedale which fits much better. When taking pictures, I noticed that there was significant line of fading on the back of the jacket, as if it sat folded in the sun for some time. I bought it at the Milford outlet last year (though its not marked on the interior label as some outlet items are). I never noticed the fading until I took the pictures. I'm wondering if a reproofing/rewaxing would help with the noticeable fading. Any thoughts?
No fading on the front:
Yes, our jacket will look dark again after reproofing. You can get a tin of Barbour wax and do it yourself, or you can send the jacket in to have it done at the factory. I reproof mine once a year or send it in if it has to be repaired.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, also just noticed fading on a vest I had left hanging and exposed to light....Will reproof myself, woot

Bullitt

Reaction score
Do it on a warm sunny day, or have a hairdrier at hand. Heat makes it easier to apply the wax evenly.

golfnutter66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by neilz4 View Post

If anyone in CONUS is looking for a Commander in M, I've got one I want to sell. I've posted pics a while ago in this thread (here). Worn <5 times, never in the rain, never for more than an hour or so total. So it's LNWT. It's just not fitting my wardrobe as well as I thought it would facepalm.gif

How difficult are they to get hold of in the US and Canada ?
Regards

In Canada, very difficult.

I did notice online, that End. http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/barbour/barbour-skyfall-commander-jacket.html has them for $500 or thereabout which I think is reasonable. I have never bought from them but they do have a return policy (14days of purchase).

Last edited:

neilz4

Reaction score
Yeah this is currently the best way to get the Commander. I'm still going to hold out on my price for when the sale is over.

I in fact got mine from END, but after shipping and Customs/Duty I was well over 650 invested.

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
After several months with the Argon, I can say I'm not thrilled. The fit and feel is great, but its too dark. I thought it'd slightly lighten up, but it has in fact darkened since I bought it. Here are some pics:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After several months with the Argon, I can say I'm not thrilled. The fit and feel is great, but its too dark. I thought it'd slightly lighten up, but it has in fact darkened since I bought it. Here are some pics:
The jacket looks outstanding on you IMO.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sleeve/body lengths on their waxed coats seem to be a recurring problem. The liner will be fairly substantial, you made the right call with the 42.

Apparently I am now a true 42 coat jacket. My Bedale in 42 still fits (especially over sweaters and especially with the liner), but is roomy. I may end up selling after the season is over and switching to 40, but for now it looks OK.

Last edited:

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
I made a photoshop of the color I was hoping the Argon would be. Original is on the left (it is closer to a dark grey than a navy) and the color I wanted is on the right (true navy):

poena

Reaction score
anyone looking for an olive liddesdale? I've got one new with tags I'm trying to sell.

golfnutter66

Reaction score
"
I made a photoshop of the color I was hoping the Argon would be. Original is on the left (it is closer to a dark grey than a navy) and the color I wanted is on the right (true navy):
" The jacket fits you perfectly and I think the color is great.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is barbour using the same color tweed in all these offerings?

i suspect its the same but I only have the bracken so I cant offer first hand knowledge. from pics ive seen, the jacket in top and bottom pics appears to have more golden notes and less green. could someone confirm this?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads