• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't go till Friday, but if I go I'll check it out for you. if they have it I can probably grab it for you as long as you are 100% sure you want it.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw, i just saw new listings on eBay. have you tried that option?

hxh_killua

Reaction score

i can't go till Friday, but if I go I'll check it out for you. if they have it I can probably grab it for you as long as you are 100% sure you want it.

btw, i just saw new listings on eBay. have you tried that option?

I'm not an avid eBay buyer, I've always taken the high road and gone with a retailer. Is there a reason why the factory is so much cheaper? Are they defective in anyway? If not, I'm definitely sure I want it at that price point.

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dave_SFU has been there himself, so perhaps he can give you the best answer. But from what I heard there are defective ones but that's only part of it. Part of it are just brand new and I have no clue why they are at those prices.

but if you go on to http://www.barbourmall.com

you can find that a lot of their prices are low compare to the retail. So I guess it really isn't that expensive to begin with?

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not an avid eBay buyer, I've always taken the high road and gone with a retailer. Is there a reason why the factory is so much cheaper? Are they defective in anyway? If not, I'm definitely sure I want it at that price point.

There is nothing defective at the Kittery outlet.

The Factory store has one rack of defective items but the rest is all new. Even some of the defects are non noticeable. I got a McQueen International for $125 that had been a store display model and had a thumbtack pushed through the sleeve as part of the display. You 100% cant find anywhere on it where it was but its considered a defect by them. Also picked up a Tokito missing a neck strap for $200 that i happened to have an extra neck strap for. Of course theres also defects like holes in jackets, etc.

The Factory is cheaper because its the Factory and they can do that sort of thing. 75% of it is out of season returns from retailers and sample items, the rest is heritage stuff they keep there because of its popularity and it will bring in people.

hxh_killua

Reaction score
That's good to know. Thanks for chiming in, Dave.

tv2177, I'll PM you to work out the details.

Last edited:

drechie

Reaction score
does anyone know if barour makes a beaufort or bedale that is not waxed but comes in the traditional green color? i've seen girls wear them on campus, but want to know if they make a men's version.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
barbour shap? i mean it still says waxed but doesnt look that waxed to me

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn for how much? at the Factory or Kittery? you mind post some pics when you got time?

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn i am a Medium in those, but those are not priority tho. I am looking at Bedales in Olive or Tokitos!!

but for that price i would probably pick up one and put it on ebay. lol.

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick crappy phone pics. I got some bags too and a camo Bourne jacket that i didnt take a picture of. Also two of the McQueen sweaters.

-1-5.jpg

Sandstone 75 Anniversary International

-5-1.jpg

Shap

-2-3.jpg

Gray McQueen Collection Greenham

-4-2.jpg

Tokito Bicycle Jacket

-6.jpg

Tokito Motorbike Shirt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads