1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JRyder, Aug 31, 2010.

1. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

I thought about the last not being ideal as there's something other than the sizing that feels funny about the boot - I'm "clomping" more than doing a regular heel-toe motion, but perhaps that's just the break-in factor.

These things are snug enough - toes just touching the end of the boot when walking - that I'd take my chances with a stretcher. Do you have any recommendations?

2. pima1234

pima1234 Well-Known Member

3. MidwestMyriad

MidwestMyriad Active Member

The issue I've been having is the toe- box area.

On the left boot, it seems fine, however, on the right, the section of the leather that is "stiffer" (forget the term right now) seems to be further back, contacting my toe in a weird way.

I've tried stretching with my finger, and wearing thicker socks, but to no avail.

The left boot is nice and comfy after a month or so, but this right boot feels like it won't be giving due to the processing.

Not sure if this makes sense, or if others have a similar issue.

Hey, maybe my feet are just a little different sizes.

4. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

Give it to a cobbler to get it stretched.
    I've had something similar on just one boot. After the stretching it was fine.

5. MidwestMyriad

MidwestMyriad Active Member

Yeah I figured I would try that. I tried on a pair of 10.5's yesterday, and they felt way better than the 10's even with the month or so of wear. I'm thinking I made just need to go up a .5 size, either that or the last my not be right for my feet (I have a wide ball of foot and wide toe splay, which happens also to be wider on the right foot)

It's just different trying on boots in store, VS. being in them for 8+ hours working (feet swelling, etc.)

My only concern is that stretching the toe box will leave my pinky toes spilling over the footbed edge.

6. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

Just picked up these roughout Marine Field Shoes from Oak Street. The construction quality is top notch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also these Chocolate Double Sole PTB's. Love them, they feel really refined and it's nice to see Oak Street offering shoes slightly less rugged. I'm a big fan of the wheeled welt:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    3 people like this.
  7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Great photos!

Would love to see how those chocolate PTBs age. I considered them with the recent Black Friday sale.

8. styc

styc Well-Known Member

Can anyone share what the sizing of Oak Street's beef roll penny loafer is like in comparison to Rancourt's Weltline penny loafer. I have the rancourt Weltline penny in suede in US9.5D and the fit is perfect. Appreciate your advice

9. Tinkertrain

Tinkertrain Well-Known Member

The Marine shoes looks great

10. throndike

throndike Member

Hello~
    I'm new to OSB boots,I'd like to buy a pair if LAKESHORE last boot.But there is no any OSB boots retailer in my country,so there is no chance to try the boots in person.I had search this thread and other information on the internet,I found very few people talk about the LAKESHORE,so if there is anybody who have LAKESHORE boots please kindly give me some advise in sizing~
    I wear indy&barrie both in 6.5E, red wing IRON RANGER in 6.5.I had ask advise form OSB boots,and answer is 6.5 or 7.The LAKESHORE boots seems narrow in width. I can't make my mind to 6.5 or 7, please help me.
    THANKS~

11. letsgofire

letsgofire Well-Known Member

I sized down one size for my OSB beef roll penny loafer. I purchased a 9 instead of my normal size which is a 10. The 9 is a perfect fit for me.

12. letsgofire

letsgofire Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't own the lakeshore last style, but I do own other boots by OSB. I am a size US10 and this has been a good fit for me. I would recommend you select your normal size, especially if you wear thicker socks, rather than increasing to a larger size. Good luck!

13. Barth

Barth Member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the OSB PTB vs the Alden PTB? The Barrie is wide on my slightly narrow foot, especially through the heel. Hoping the Lakeshore is a bit narrower. Thanks!

14. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Well-Known Member

if anyone is interested im going to be selling the OSB x Blue Owl workshop black waxed flesh with a commando sole in a size 8.5.. let me know!