• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that's too bad. Had some ideas in mind for the fall.
Glad I got my huntsman trenches when I did.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Damn that's too bad. Had some ideas in mind for the fall.
Glad I got my huntsman trenches when I did.

Yep agreed. All I wanted was natty cxl captoe trench oxford with dainite sole, possibly with storm welt for year round wear

Last edited:

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Well spoke too soon, got an update from Tony and to summarize what he said "They're in the processing of revamping their website which is why they're limiting custom orders to what they already produce. With the revamped website will be an option for MTO where the customer can spec out his/her order to streamline the process and it'll take like 2-3 months until the new website is up."

Last edited:

Staticbolt

Reaction score
Looking for some size advice for the Trail Oxfords.

I'm a touch over 9 on a brannock device and have a high arch and instep. The closest similar type of shoe i have is a Sperry A/O in 9 and with no socks they are almost too snug. If I wanted to wear socks with them I'd have to go up 1/2 size. Do the Trail Oxfords fit similarly? I'd like to at least wear normal dress socks with them occasionally, so should I try a 9 or stick with the size down 1/2 advice.

steve2318

Reaction score
Has anybody had a pair of shoes re-soled/re-furbished by oakstreet?

Bought a pair of boat shoes a couple of years ago and I am hoping to get them re-done after the summer.

Thanks for the info.

kentyman

Reaction score
Got the double soled trench boots from Bonobos. Wearing for the first time today and quite pleased with them:

I'm thinking of putting leather laces on instead. Can anybody recommend where to get some? Thoughts on the correct length?

kentyman

Reaction score

kentyman

Reaction score
AH...didn't take it out that far, try this one maybe: http://www.emocs.com/rawhidelaces.php I don't have any experience with them but they were recommended on reddit a while back.

Thanks for the help. I was actually a little overwhelmed trying to find the right size and color from all the options on the last site, so I went ahead and contacted the first one. They were nice enough to do a one-off order with only $3 shipping. They say the boots laces are 65 inches, for future reference.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
what do people think of this fit?

you can see a gap at the front of the shoe (esp on the right) and my wide feet poking out the sides...
i can walk around in them without tripping over the fronts but worried about what might happen in a few months after some stretch...

jmaudi0

Reaction score
the shoes wont magically stretch lengthwise unless you are constantly putting pressure there.....
they will stretch out a bit width-wise.

your fit is fine. use your noggin.

Jortuno

Reaction score
Yesterday, I received these Beauts! in the mail. They're comfortable right out of the box and can imagine they'll get even better with time. I've been trying to get an Alden Snuff Suede with a commando sole for the longest without any success so I decided to give OSB a try. I'm very pleased with the quality, construction and comfort, an awesome boot!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yesterday, I received these Beauts! in the mail. They're comfortable right out of the box and can imagine they'll get even better with time. I've been trying to get an Alden Snuff Suede with a commando sole for the longest without any success so I decided to give OSB a try. I'm very pleased with the quality, construction and comfort, an awesome boot!
congrats ! great looking boots!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads