1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Oak Street Bootmakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JRyder, Aug 31, 2010.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

hey lawlercon! so i am about to order a pair of the trail oxfords and was curious if you still think you could have sized down a half size. i am trying to get this order right the first time and what not.

i spoke with the designer and creator, george, for about 20 minutes the other day and this guy is super cool. this is a line we will all be talking about in the future, i promise ya.

2. lawlercon

lawlercon Well-Known Member

whatever,

i think i could of went with a 10, but the 10.5's have broken in really nicely. either way, they will stretch a bit if they're a little small, but if it's too tight you risk damaging the stitching and sort of "squeezing" the leather. i would go with the size you feel confident with, i wouldnt try to size down because i don't like the idea of letting the horween leather stretch out. like i said before, i wear 10.5 redwing boots, and i went with a 10.5 oak streets and they were lovely right out of the box.

they get more comfortable everyday.

here are some more photos i snapped today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. whatever123

hey man! thanks for the photos and sizing advice. i did order that exact pair but with the camp sole. and i know exactly what your talking about regarding "squeezing" the leather. my yuketen angler mocs i purchased a while back were about .025 to small and that exact thing happened. so i order the size the owner recommended for me...i ordered my dress shoe size.

the owner is a total stud too! i ended up speaking to him for about 20 minutes. he has an amazing vision, style, and business model. he is going to do great...

i am totally drooling at those photos. but ill have mine in a month or two. i am going to order a pair of his loafers too at some point. thanks again for sharing.

4. lawlercon

awesome man! i'm waiting for him to do the brown trail oxfords w/ vibram sole. i'll be picking up those too!

george is great and everything he's doing is heading in an awesome direction.

they'll be the worth the wait man! enjoy!

5. whatever123

awesome man! i'm waiting for him to do the brown trail oxfords w/ vibram sole. i'll be picking up those too!

totally. thanks again. nice blog too [​IMG]

6. iotan

iotan Well-Known Member

The brown trail oxfords with vibram sole are on the site now (but listed as on back order for six weeks).

Also, I believe there has been some mention of additional models still coming this fall. Does anyone have details about that? I emailed them but have not heard anything (I imagine actually getting the business up and fulfilling orders is more pressing right now and rightfully a higher priority. So no big deal to me, but I am curious.)

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I almost ordered the brown vibram model but the wait really turned me off. I respect that they're just starting out and all but having had mediocre/bad experiences with direct ordering from Quoddy I'm a little skeptical of wait times for made-in-Maine moccs.

Plus I want to wear the shoes now, not starting in mid-November. I can wait a couple months for a custom suit or shoes but for a standard size and model shoe I need my gratification a little closer to instant. I guess it shows how much I've come to expect as a consumer.

8. lawlercon

Shoreman,

I know the feeling of waiting. I'm about to pull the trigger on a brown pair of the trail oxfords because my navy ones have been so amazing thus far! It's definitely going to be worth the wait, and will be a really nice surprise when they finally arrive.

9. lawlercon

Some photos of the brown trail oxford:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kylelovesyou

kylelovesyou Well-Known Member

I very nearly ordered some of these a month or so back, but I think I'm going to hold off until next spring. I'm interested to see where they go from here.

11. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
    This is George from Oak Street. Just wanted to drop in to say hello - and thank you all for the kind words. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM or an email

Thank you guys,
    -George

12. OakStreetBootmakers

OakStreetBootmakers Well-Known Member

Thanks for the messages guys! I actually need 2 posts before I can reply to PMs - so here's post #2

Also - for those that want to shoot an email, it's george@oakstreetbootmakers.com

thanks again
    -George

13. whatever123

no sir, thank you! you have some great stuff!

14. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Thanks for the messages guys! I actually need 2 posts before I can reply to PMs - so here's post #2

Also - for those that want to shoot an email, it's george@oakstreetbootmakers.com

thanks again
    -George

NO FREE BUMPS LOL

Also this whatever123 guy is hilarious.

15. kylelovesyou

kylelovesyou Well-Known Member

Welcome George!

How have things been going thus far? Seems like you've been getting some good press around the web.

16. Vinneus

Vinneus Well-Known Member

Got mine last night, met a sales rep "Ryan" in august at Self Edge NYC and he was wearing the leather moc in navy, sso siq. i ordered the brown version and the wait wasnt bad. sized down one, same as my Aldens. [​IMG]

17. iotan

iotan Well-Known Member

Got mine last night, met a sales rep "Ryan" in august at Self Edge NYC and he was wearing the leather moc in navy, sso siq. i ordered the brown version and the wait wasnt bad. sized down one, same as my Aldens.

Thanks for the info. For sizing which Alden last are you referencing for the comparison?

18. Vinneus

Vinneus Well-Known Member

I have both the indy boot and the suede buck model in 9.5 [​IMG]

19. whatever123

god damn vin those look great!

20. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if back-ordered shoe charges appear on my bill when the shoe is in stock and ships, or as a pre-order?

Since they don't ship for 6 weeks I was hoping my card will be charged once they hit stock.

Right now I am assuming I will be charged right away. I'm going to hold off on placing the order until I get confirmation, can anybody who has placed a pre-order let me know?

Also, I thought I had read these run TTS. Did you size down a full size or half size? If i'm pre-ordering I want to get this right the first time. I'm normally a 9.

Thanks