1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

nyc in 6 days, need some advice on settling on these clothing items, already done my searches

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eddiecibrian, Dec 23, 2012.

1. eddiecibrian

eddiecibrian Well-Known Member

called both RL stores and no luck, is it really this hard to find a solid navy rlbl suit for a decent price?
    barneys customer service apparently doesnt pick up the phone, i guess suit supply is my best bet

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. GothamRed

GothamRed Well-Known Member

Barney's is worthless on the phone IMHO. Just go, you'll also be in proximity to Bergdorf, stop by. I was in RL last night and there were plenty of markdowns on suiting-just visit (Madison Ave).

3. eddiecibrian

4. eddiecibrian

Update...went to rl no luck..went to bergdorff they had it for $13xx...havnt gotten a chance to go to barneys but i bought a suit from suit supply..it fit pretty good and the price was decent. now just need to find some damn shoes for tomorrow...bergdorff apparently sold out of the rl shoes and the foreign eastern european sounding shoe salesman
    was completely useless. is there a place in nyc that sells loake or herring? I saw bergdorff had some magnannis that looked chiseled toe but i know theyre not worth 300..that was on sale too

5. eddiecibrian

I also heard lobb store had sales this time of the year...also what about grenson shoes ?
    Thanks again

6. eddiecibrian

I also heard lobb store had sales this time of the year...also what about grenson shoes ?
    Thanks again

7. GothamRed

Sorry to hear about the RLBL search, I'm surprised. Barney's would still be worth checking, both for suiting if you still want and also the shoes. Lobb is having a sale, but probably still pretty high in price. Crockett & Jones would also be worth checking, I think they're having a sale now...as for the other brands you mention, I'm not sure.

8. eddiecibrian

Np...went to barneys...they had good deals... saw gaziano for 500, also a beautiful crockett and jones boot that was 350 but was half a size too large. went to saks they had 70% off the sales rack..but minimal stock...bloomingdales had 50% off sales stock but limited as well. charles tyrwhitt had a sale but not much selection..id rec going there for english style shoes...but i dont know where
    theyre made. Surprisingly florsheim had a good amount of english style chisel toed shoes but were very expensive 350. ended up buying something at the rack....overall these two days of shopping reminded me why i will most likely never shop in person in houston again.

9. GothamRed

Haha, sounds like you got around, in a good way! Glad you enjoyed it.