1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NWB Edward Green Dover First Quality Selection, 1 Pair 9.5/10E, 1 Pair 11.5/12E, 606 Last

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by LS7, Sep 18, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LS7

LS7 Well-Known Member

In this listing I can present two -> one pair of the stunning EG Dover for sale. Not quite of megathread proportions but close! Having recently sold this pair in Mink Suede - http://www.styleforum.net/t/512236/...k-suede-10-10-5e-606-last-double-leather-sole - I can now offer these further two pairs to the forum. I realised how popular this shoe is given the number of messages and enquiries I received.

Having three pairs of Dover in my own rotation I have no problem singing the praises of this iconic RTW model from Edward Green. What better way to treat yourself after a hard year's work than with an amazing pair of Dovers for an early Christmas present?

For sale I have two pairs of the Edward Green Dover - Pair #1 is in Dark Oak Antique Calf, the quintessential Dover make-up, while Pair #2 has Rosewood Country Calf uppers. Both are crafted on the elegant 606 last, the slightly squared-toe cousin to the 202. The apron of the Dover is sewn by hand using a pig's bristle, as described here: http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2010/02/hand-sewing-at-edward-green.html. Just an awesome shoe for Fall/Winter that will last for years before you'll need to resole them.

Pair #1: These are a size 9.5UK/10US in the UK designated standard E width (equivalent to a standard US D width). Upper leather is the most popular make-up of the Dover - Dark Oak Antique Calf. This particular pair features a full double, oak bark tanned, leather sole; which I prefer to the HAF sole on this model (when going with leather). These are new in an EG light green box, including a polishing cloth but no shoe bags. They are a first quality pair but just lack all the original packaging such as shoe bags. Also note the box originally belonged to a different pair of EGs, hence I removed the label from the front.

Pair #2: These are a size 11.5UK/12US in the UK designated standard E width (equivalent to a standard US D width). Rosewood Country Calf uppers with a full Dainite sole, hence these would make an awesome Fall/Winter shoe and are ideal for wet conditions (when it's just too wet or snowy for a leather sole shoe). These are new in a plain EG dark green box, including a polishing cloth but no shoe bags. They are a first quality pair but just lack all the original packaging such as shoe bags and the light green box.

Please note that either of these will have to be shipped via a courier, as the package will exceed the Royal Mail 2kg limit. Therefore increased shipping costs are incorporated into the price.

Price is $950 -> $900 shipped per pair CONUS or the EU

Styling Details
    • Split-toe Norveger
    • 5-eyelet Derby
    • Goodyear welted
    • 360 degree welt
    • Elegant slightly square-toed 606 last
    • Heel counter
    • 9.5/10E has full oak bark tanned double leather sole
    • 11.5/12E has full Dainite sole

Pictures of 9.5/10E Dark Oak Antique Calf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pictures of 11.5/12E Rosewood Country Calf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. razl

razl Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  3. LS7

LS7 Well-Known Member

Price drop

4. Suit Vicious

Suit Vicious Well-Known Member

I love my Dovers, yours are really wonderful!

5. LS7

LS7 Well-Known Member

Pair #1 sold

6. Viral

Viral Well-Known Member

can you get sz 7uk?

7. Anden

Anden Well-Known Member

Thank you. I love my new dovers.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.