1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

nude straight sven selvage v. rb15 selvage? which one do i pick?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bsyde82, Jan 21, 2007.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

2. lance konami

lance konami Well-Known Member

The SS has a pretty unique cut that no other jean has, to my knowledge. They are the perfect fit, in my opinion if you have a relatively lean body type. The RB15 are really cool too. Try them both on and see which one fits you best!

3. thisisme

thisisme Well-Known Member

where can you get the rb15s

4. bathtime

bathtime Well-Known Member

Go with the Nudies (or if you want R&B, go with RB6).

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I'd say go with the R&B. The Nudie fit is good, for sure, but R&B is in a different league in every other regard. Plus the R&B fit *is* really good. I just can't say if I like it more than the Svens.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'd say that it depends on what you are looking for. Both jeans fit well, the RB15 considerably slimmer than the Svens, and with a slight taper compared to the true Sven straightleg. If you are looking for a beat around jean that has a good fit and will give you a good fade, go with the Sven. If you are looking for a more versatile jean (Nudies, with their orange stitching and back pocket design, are, imo, strictly casual) and want to keep the darker cast for a longer time, go for the RB15. I would say that the RB6 is actually more versatile than the RB15. Best thing is just to go to a store and try them on. Where are you located? Both brands have pretty wide distribution.

7. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I love my rb15s. Period.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I have both of these jeans and love them both. I think the Sven is a slightly better fit for me, but the R&B is a bit higher quality, which is not to say that the Nudie isn't a very high quality jean. For $130 or whatever some ppl were paying for the RB15s, they're a no brainer, as the Sven can't be gotten too cheaply for the most part, $160 or so is about the lowest.

9. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

I'd say that it depends on what you are looking for. Both jeans fit well, the RB15 considerably slimmer than the Svens, and with a slight taper compared to the true Sven straightleg. If you are looking for a beat around jean that has a good fit and will give you a good fade, go with the Sven. If you are looking for a more versatile jean (Nudies, with their orange stitching and back pocket design, are, imo, strictly casual) and want to keep the darker cast for a longer time, go for the RB15. I would say that the RB6 is actually more versatile than the RB15. Best thing is just to go to a store and try them on. Where are you located? Both brands have pretty wide distribution.

Im up in seattle, WA and i haven't seen either around...not that i've looked very hard...

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Im up in seattle, WA and i haven't seen either around...not that i've looked very hard...

Um, Ian, Scott Kuhlmann, and Blackbird, to begin with? Is there a Barneys? Dude, just look up shops on citysearch or in your local yellow book.

11. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

LA Guy ^ 6,999 posts. A milestone indeed.

12. ironman

ironman Well-Known Member

Those Rb15s sound killer. Do they come in a 30" inseam?