1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

noob questions about Isaia suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ihavezippers, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ihavezippers

ihavezippers Active Member

Hello,
    I have never owned a really nice suit until recently when I purchased an Isaia suit (or at least, to my standards, Isaia is nice). I have two questions:

--- on the shoulders, there is a very blatant white threading running across. Is this white threading merely for the tailors' purposes, i.e., once tailored, this thread would be removed? Or is this a stylistic thing with Isaia? If so, it looks pretty tacky---takes away from an otherwise stellar looking, classic look with the white thread sticking out on the shoulders.

--- the cuffs do not appear to have buttons, nor button-holes. Similar question---is this something addressed with the tailor, or is this a stylistic thing? This is not as big a deal, although it looks kind of odd.

Thanks, sorry to be clueless on this---like I said, this is the first good suit I could afford, so perhaps this is all normal.

2. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Well-Known Member

remove the white basting stitch yourself

cuffs are left unfinished to be sized to you. get fake button holes for next to nothing, everywhere, or find a good tailor to do hand-sewn button holes - going rate is about 25$/hole i.e. 200$ for the set