1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Non-iron shirts in London: get it MTM from Ravis Tailors, adjust RTW from CT or some other option?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Omega, Sep 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Omega

Omega Well-Known Member

I work in London and want to get myself non-iron shirts. I don’t want to pay over £50 per shirt and therefore have more or less two options – go MTM with Ravis Tailors (they should be soon in the UK on tour) or buy CT shirts (it fits be best among RTW non-iron shirt makers on Jermyn Street) and adjust them in waist. I thought to buy MTM non-iron shirts from Eton, but they will cost over £100 and I think it is way over the top.
    Which option do you think is the best? I see many people complain about Ravis, but then there are a lot of people who are happy with them. I also wonder if I be hit by 20% import tax if I buy from Ravis – to my knowledge they are an international franchise, but do they send clothes from Thailand directly to the customer or through a local distributor?
    Thanks

2. Omega

Omega Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, nobody replied and I decided to buy from Ravis Tailors. They are BAD!!! CT corrected by a tailor is a safer bet. Still in dispute with Ravis Tailors for my money back, but it does not look like I will get any satisfaction...
    And I am not that demanding customer and many members of the forum - Ravis are so bad that many RTW shirts for £15 can beat them in fit!

3. OTM

OTM Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get your money back!