1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Non-douchey combat pants

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by manofstyle, Feb 7, 2010.

1. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

J. Crew has them again, and this season's look somewhat slimmer than previous versions (which I was swimming in when I tried). They actually look pretty nice, and look like they'd be amazing for traveling, especially if a lot of long flights were involved.

2. dragonxking

dragonxking Well-Known Member

J. Crew has them again, and this season's look somewhat slimmer than previous versions (which I was swimming in when I tried). They actually look pretty nice, and look like they'd be amazing for traveling, especially if a lot of long flights were involved.
    in stores? i can't seem to find them on the website edit :: cargos i can find, but fatigues i cannot

3. the_state

the_state Well-Known Member

Where can I find a good peasant status version of the EG fatigue pant? Im thinking a military surplus site?

[​IMG]

i dunno about "good", but these might fit the bill:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=528456012

the EG color is much better. i wonder if the gap version can be dyed to switch things up.

4. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

in stores? i can't seem to find them on the website

edit :: cargos i can find, but fatigues i cannot

Sorry, I was thinking cargos and fatigues were the same. I got some fatigues that were the same material as the cargos last summer. They usually do a "beach pant" that's a lightweight, drawstring version of a fatigue.

5. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

The first association that pops into my mind upon seeing these pants is "raver" rather than "military".

6. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

If you really want to get spendy you could also look at Ever.

7. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

i dunno about "good", but these might fit the bill:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=528456012

the EG color is much better. i wonder if the gap version can be dyed to switch things up.

Yea color on those sucks. Plus I try to avoid mall clothes.

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

BBSLM,
    you can find real us army fatigues vintage, at ebay for instance. I got a deadstock pair for like 20 bucks.

9. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

BBSLM,
    you can find real us army fatigues vintage, at ebay for instance. I got a deadstock pair for like 20 bucks.

Good call, I didnt even think about that.

10. manofstyle

manofstyle Well-Known Member

The Gap ones look shit hot, straight leg, slightly loose, I'll go for those.

11. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

Why not just get the real deal and be done with it already?

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Why not just get the real deal and be done with it already?

Temping, but I think kinda like the "non-real deal" gap ones a little better. Just me.

13. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Well-Known Member

14. Crane's

Temping, but I think kinda like the "non-real deal" gap ones a little better. Just me.

Oh I understand. Generally when I'm after pants/shorts along these lines I go for function in the field. They aren't something I generally wear in a casual setting though all the pockets do come in handy sometimes.

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Oh I understand. Generally when I'm after pants/shorts along these lines I go for function in the field. They aren't something I generally wear in a casual setting though all the pockets do come in handy sometimes.

I agree. When I said they where temping, I was thinking in terms of having some good hard work pants that I could wear out in the wilderness and such. Those would be amazing for that.

16. Crane's

TAD Gear once again....Force 10 Legionnaires are badass...they make them in herringbone now as well.

http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?id=774

TAD carries some nice stuff. I've bought climbing gear from them and a few specialized tools that come in real handy out in the middle of Nowheresville.