1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Non-APC Sub $200 Raw Selvage Denim options

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mlyngard, Dec 30, 2009.

1. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

Wow. A seriously small operation. Is there a price list anywhere online? Any idea of the prices for their raw denim? Obviously this is in the sub-$200 thread, but still.

Thanks!

2. taco

taco Active Member

They are in the $200-300 range.

3. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Can't edit original post anymore.

Roy Denim

~$150. Cone Mills selvage denim.

[​IMG]

4. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

^^^ IMO, fit is kind of shitty from what i've seen.

5. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Well-Known Member

^^^ IMO, fit is kind of shitty from what i've seen.

Huh?

Grab Roy's jeans for $150, while you can. There's no other jean made with that kind of attention to detail, and such a good choice of fabrics at anything like that price.

6. daruma

daruma Well-Known Member

hope he had a slimmer cut...

7. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Huh?

Grab Roy's jeans for $150, while you can. There's no other jean made with that kind of attention to detail, and such a good choice of fabrics at anything like that price.

+1.

Hidden rivets aren't bad. It's a full cut, but not everything needs to be slim. Definitely worth trying on.

8. ahoop24

ahoop24 New Member

Is the sizing on Roy's closer to an APC NS or Rescue?

9. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

To be honest, been wearing my unbranded brand denims, and theyre doing quite alright, fit is great, fading is coming along fine, cant complain, pics if wanted

10. gordon jraber

gordon jraber Well-Known Member

what are some brands/models similar to APC new cures? looking for something that will hold up well with constant hard wear.

11. geeti

geeti Active Member

To be honest, been wearing my unbranded brand denims, and theyre doing quite alright, fit is great, fading is coming along fine, cant complain, pics if wanted

unbranded denim? you got it tailored? if so, which denim fabric u used? I'd be interested in some pics.

12. geeti

geeti Active Member

Huh?

personally all the detailing and stuff are interesting, but it's just the brand on the leather patch. might have been better if he put his initials instead? I dunno..

13. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

unbranded denim? you got it tailored? if so, which denim fabric u used? I'd be interested in some pics.

he means "the unbranded brand" denim. i think they sell it at one of the mall shops you guys have in the states. basically no frills raw selvedge. think naked and famous but lower quality and price.

i'd be interested in pics.

14. geeti

geeti Active Member

he means "the unbranded brand" denim. i think they sell it at one of the mall shops you guys have in the states. basically no frills raw selvedge. think naked and famous but lower quality and price.

i'd be interested in pics.

Oh I see, pardon my lack of knowledge. I did some google search just now and found that the denim is 14.5oz? for $78? gosh that's cheap!

do you think it's a good brand to recommend to a friend who knows nothing about raw denim? I'm not sure though. Personally I think you have to invest money in your raw, since then you'll be investing your time as well.

15. hastur

hastur Well-Known Member

Oh I see, pardon my lack of knowledge. I did some google search just now and found that the denim is 14.5oz? for $78? gosh that's cheap! do you think it's a good brand to recommend to a friend who knows nothing about raw denim? I'm not sure though. Personally I think you have to invest money in your raw, since then you'll be investing your time as well.
    I think it's a good brand, especially for the price, and you can easily get them cheaper than advertised because UO runs sales/coupons all the time. I have a pair and they're holding up really well. They aren't going to stretch out a million sizes, nor are they gonna shrink a whole lot. The denim is nice and thick, the stitching looks good, they fade fairly well, and in my experience, you can just order your true (vanity) size, so if you wear a 32 in most everything, you can get a 32 and not worry. The copper buttons and rivets also add a nice touch, as they should oxidize with wear, giving them a nice vintage look as the denim itself fades.

16. nomad

nomad Well-Known Member

There's a sale going on at Albam right now. The code 'grazia10' will give you 20% off until midnight [GMT]. With a weak pound, a pair of jeans are a steal at around ninety dollars! Hope someone see's this and benefits!

17. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

There's a sale going on at Albam right now. The code 'grazia10' will give you 20% off until midnight [GMT]. With a weak pound, a pair of jeans are a steal at around ninety dollars! Hope someone see's this and benefits!

Showing up as $103 for me before potential customs. Is there a chart somewhere that has full measurements for the straight leg and regular jeans? Need waist/thigh/rise/hem measurements before I can even consider them and I don't see it listed anywhere on their site.

18. Strombollii

Strombollii Well-Known Member

Need something for <$100 or on the lower end of the $100 range...

Uniqlos were selling for <50, if you can find a proxy or live near a store.
    Cheap Monday isn't selvage, and usually runs skinny, but they're under a buck too.

19. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

Showing up as $103 for me before potential customs. Is there a chart somewhere that has full measurements for the straight leg and regular jeans? Need waist/thigh/rise/hem measurements before I can even consider them and I don't see it listed anywhere on their site.

Check out Four Horsemen. They have Unbranded at a steal in Canadian dollars. Not sure exactly the price, or if they're even online. But call Guy and he'll give you all the information. Really helpful and informal. Also a lot of Naked and Famous at a really good price level.

20. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Unbranded seems to be getting some good rep here. Mall/chainstore brands were left off this list in case anyone was wondering why Unbranded doesn't appear, but glad to hear.

Roy owner pics would be welcome. Seems he could use the love from us here, like Ande Whall. Craftsmanship should be recognized.