1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nom de Guerre closing?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by prurient, Nov 29, 2010.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

are you sure thats not acrimony saying they wiill no longer carry or its legitly gone now

2. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Well-Known Member

Acrimony's tweet: "Cop your Nom de Guerre now. Fall 2010 is officially their last season. We are beyond sad."

They definitely fell off a bit the last couple of seasons, but I always liked at least a few pieces. This is pretty sad news.

3. atuhsad

atuhsad Well-Known Member

I really liked NDG and was partial to their older seasons. I thought their FW 07/08 season was great. My favorite piece of clothing is my NDG shawl collar wool pea coat from that season. Its sad to see them go.

4. the_pole

the_pole Well-Known Member

then again, they save rent by being set up in the basement. anyway this would somewhat surprise me. when i stopped by earlier this year the guy working the shop was whining to me about how much business he had and shit to deal with.

anyway i wouldnt really care either way. sometimes on the deepest sales ndg can be ok. otherwise its mostly overpriced, the absolute apathy with which the guy runs the store kinda amuses me though, got that too-cool-for-you japanese swagger

he seems pretty chill , he just likes to talk about clothes lol

5. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

Acrimony's tweet: "Cop your Nom de Guerre now. Fall 2010 is officially their last season. We are beyond sad."

Bring on the liquidation sale, Yoko D style.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

isnt yoko devereaux still around? i saw them on gilt like a week or two ago

7. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

isnt yoko devereaux still around? i saw them on gilt like a week or two ago

Gilt revived yoko d to produce special runs/collections exclusively for gilt

8. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Twitter isn't gospel, but it's smug to perceive it as some AOL-like chatroom. Millions of companies, brands and people are using Twitter to transmit valid of information. This isn't someone's Angelfire fan site.

On topic, I always liked their fall stuff, but my peasant status made it too pricey at retail. The fate of the brand isn't surprising, though, given increasing prices with declining quality.

9. nonissue

nonissue Well-Known Member

Prices were way lower last season — were much more realistic imo.

10. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

Over the summer, they had a huge NDG sample sales for a full month. Maybe that was them trying to lidquidate last season stocks. Sad to see them go.

11. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

Isn't it possible that Acrimony is just no longer stocking NdG? I would wait for official word from NdG themselves.

12. APK

APK Well-Known Member

If it were just a matter of Acrimony dropping the brand, the tweet would have probably read like "Get your NdG while you can. It's their last season with us." You also probably don't expressed sadness, genuine or otherwise, when you're dropping a brand.

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

Isn't it possible that Acrimony is just no longer stocking NdG? I would wait for official word from NdG themselves.

Check twitter

14. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

per twitter @shopacrimony confirms they are done.. sad

15. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

Over the summer, they had a huge NDG sample sales for a full month. Maybe that was them trying to lidquidate last season stocks. Sad to see them go.

I did pick up some items from this event. It's sad to see a local NY brand bite the dust, but there are some talented people behind the brand and their talent will be at another shop sometime soon.

16. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

eagerly awaiting more useless comments from whodini and the rest of the peanut gallery

17. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

eagerly awaiting more useless comments from whodini and the rest of the peanut gallery
    Did you tweet this? You should tweet this.

18. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

check @whodini on twitter [​IMG]

19. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Well-Known Member

is this a meta useless comment?

20. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

is this a meta useless comment?

this one?