1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

No effs given... correctly

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cantabrigian, May 24, 2013.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Duke Prince Michael of Kent knows exactly how to not give a fuck. Though he does get carried away with his tie knots sometimes. I suppose his beard and his wife large bosom give it some balance.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. TomW

TomW Well-Known Member

That is Prince Michael of Kent, not the Duke, his brother Prince Edward.

3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

I had never heard of the guy before, but damn, he is badass. That beard is magnificent. The tie knots are ridiculous, but he gets away with it.

[​IMG]

4. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

5. Claghorn

I showed that to Mrs. Claghorn, and she said I could grow a beard like that when I'm in my 40's [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (just noticed he's wearing a black odd jacket)

Alright, so the list of people who consistently pull off not giving a fuck are:
    Prince Michael of Kent
    TTO

(Dubious) Honorable mention:
    Tira

1 person likes this.
  6. TomW

TomW Well-Known Member

Prince Michael has never given a damn about what anyone thinks of anything he does. He is a very interesting man, and his wife, Princess Michael, has much the same attitude. I have had the pleasure to make their highness' acquaintance, and they are always amazingly gracious and he, in particular, quite funny.

7. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Well-Known Member

I have always wondered what kind of collar he dons to support those knots.

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

I believe it's the other way round. Those knots could hold up a skyscraper.

9. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

From Vox's Tumblr. Duke of Windsor. Definitely NFG, but correctly or incorrectly? And why?

IMO correctly due to the other dude at the background also wearing robe/kimono type of dress, signifying its probably at a beach resort/occasion. But that pattern is 1000% loud as fuck.

10. TTO

TTO Well-Known Member

If your gonna mention me and PMoK in the same breath...
    [​IMG]
    From the Celebrity DTO Challenge a couple of years back, the Dude has always been one of my style icons. IMO, he gives exactly the right amount of 'F's, one for him one for his wife and occasionally one for his social situation ( I suspect when you live off the Royal list, you don't want to piss off the Queen too much) -TTO

1 person likes this.
  11. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Great photo - but you need more beard to take on the Prince!

Also, I think that I read some years back that the Prince isn't on the royal list, so he doesn't receive an allowance from the public purse. He was, however, given a grace and favour apartment in one of the royal castles/palaces when he got married.

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

It's interesting that al three of them wear hats, and two of them have beards. Wearing a hat and having a great beard makes it that much easier to pull off dressing extravagantly. Couldn't resist posting these pictures, that beard really is something special:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Claghorn

Alright, given his pedigree, if there was a kindom of Doesn't Give A Fuck (and this is a successful kingdom, not the sovereign equivalent of Mark Zuckerberg's hoody), Prince Michael of Kent is king, right?

1 person likes this.
  14. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

For all that I can appreciate that he was technically skilled in combining patterns and had the budget, interest & patience to accumulate a large, well-fitting wardrobe, I tend to dislike a majority of the actual oufits I've seen, maybe 3 out of every 4. He generally looks like a clothes otaku and so is definitely not NFG because of that. I suppose my opinion is inevitably contaminated my disdain for his character.

Having said all that, the kimono outfit's OK.

3 people like this.
  15. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

TTO - i totally forgot about that, that was fantastic.

that top hat is awesome, as is the RO on his wrist.

16. Garasaki

Garasaki Well-Known Member

Same jacket????
    The second one...I'd like to see more of the outfit. What pants is he wearing with that? The pattern matching seems very interesting. I rather like it. I think this is also a good example of how a particular person can rock one outfit with major style, yet put that thing on me and I'd like look a damn fool....

17. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

I think he is a good dresser. Effective, not taking it too seriously, having a bit of fun. Of course the quality of his garments I think is integral to the look and its success as well. I have a picture of him in front of me at work (top left).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    2 people like this.