1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nizoral shampoo

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MilanoStyle, May 26, 2007.

1. Bilzario

Bilzario Active Member

Funny this thread was resurrected.

Many years ago, I had severe dandruff. It's true--Nizoral is a miracle cure. But that was when I had lots and lots of hair.

Over the past few years, I am severely thinning. But on the + side, I have no dandruff at all.
    I use American Crew normal shampoo. It continues to thin.

exactly a month ago, I got Nizoral 2%, and started using it every 3 days to try and stop the thinning. So far, no results. DO I have to wait longer, or do I conclude it's not working?

Also--I am the opposite of eveyrone else, I guess. Many years ago and still now, Nizoral does not dry my hair out. It leaves it incredibly shiny and soft! I guess we are all different. Shiny and soft but still balding :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

@Bilzario - It can take 6 months or longer to see any effect. If you really want to treat your condition, use Propecia and Minoxydil in addition to the Nizoral.

3. Bilzario

Bilzario Active Member

I am scared to start with Minoxydil (Rogaine, at least) because of the dire warning that if you start, you can't stop. Apparently if you stop, it'll all fall out in one fell sweep(?) Also, isn't Rogaine meant to have all sorts of blood pressure side effects?
    What's propecia?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  4. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring this back from the dead again, but...

I just had to order a few bottles of Nizoral off drugstore.com. They were the only place online that had them at a decent price. I checked every brick and mortar store in Dallas and no one has any. Why is it around this time of the year that Nizoral can't be found?