1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

I have those detachable hoodie models from 11FW and 12FW, and I agree with jaac; I prefer 11FW when the detachable panel included both sleeves and the hood. If I am running in a sleeveless, I won't need head gear other than a running cap. I guess they liked the sleeveless hoodie they tried in 12SS (which I returned because, well, the hood fucking sucks for running in).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. retrospeaks

retrospeaks Member

So dope. Do the Flyknit Chukkas have a tongue that's fused into the upper or is it separate? On any chukkas I usually wear my jeans behind the tongue. It's a shitty habit but ehhhh, a habit nonetheless.

3. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

Now they're back up to $160 on NDC. That's some bullshit right there.

4. ribkin

ribkin Well-Known Member

And here's some cockblocking from Firmament Berlin ... really needed these stealthy sneaks

[​IMG]

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^they did you a favor

on mine the hood fits perfectly, never thought id use it til this one night i ran to the gym and it was dry...came out wtf raining, proceeded to slip the hood on like a bawss and ran off

it was like a scene out of a movie

3 people like this.
  6. hoodyear

dat 3M tho

1 person likes this.
  7. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Kids these days will use anything to line up. I went to the local Footlocker/HoH on Wednesday to get a ticket for the 11s, and they asked me what ticket I wanted. Apparently, these and the KD "Aunt Pearl" are sought after as well. When I was into buying Js and Nikes heavily, you just needed to show up 30 mins or an hour before the store opened and you were golden.

8. yesssir

yesssir Well-Known Member

I haven't bought a pair of J's in 8 years, since I sold my whole collection, but I didn't know people still were so crazy of Jordans like that nowadays. I really wanted the 11s since they are my favorite but there's no way I'm getting up early tomorrow for them. I'll put that money towards some baller sneakers that the average plebe isn't wearing.

9. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

It's probably crazier now than ever. The only shoes I lined up for and came home empty were the Pharrel. Dunks and the Espos.

A lot of places do raffles now because of the fights and shootings that sadly occur on a regular basis.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Caliroots did the same to me a couple weeks ago, after I emailed them to ask if they were going to send them, as it had been 4 days and no shipping info, which they replied yes to. :confused:

11. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

I lined up for the Espos in highschool, didn't get them and sold the Pharrell dunks I did get to some dude in tokyo for like three times the price :nodding:

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Never lined up for any Nikes in my entire life

Although on a related note I was in the Philippines for business in February, and was taken to a mall/bazaar/flea market thing where I was offered the entire line of III through XIII for about $100 USD.

I almost said yes just for the hell of it (looked ok to me but I'm sure someone would tell me how fake they looked) but I didn't know how to take home 10 pairs of sneaks

13. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Never lined up for any Nikes in my entire life

Although on a related note I was in the Philippines for business in February, and was taken to a mall/bazaar/flea market thing where I was offered the entire line of III through XIII for about $100 USD.

I almost said yes just for the hell of it (looked ok to me but I'm sure someone would tell me how fake they looked) but I didn't know how to take home 10 pairs of sneaks

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

Say what you will about Roshes but these things are ridiculously comfortable.

[​IMG]

Walked god knows how many miles around Pusan yesterday.
    [​IMG]

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

^Waiting for NikeID or a black/white pair with the swoosh on the toe instead of the rear quarter. The womens pair I got last year was too narrow for me and I was never able to find anything larger :\

16. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

anybody pick up the solarsoft mocs yet? look real comfortable and at $65, fairly low price point for nike
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

recently picked up a pair of these.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  18. hoodyear

Just ordered the Obsidian wovens for Spring. I already have the Raches and can tell you the Solarsoft is very comfortable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. ExAngel

ExAngel Well-Known Member

thats the box retail fyi

20. hoodyear

I'm aware, thanks.