1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. bagley920

bagley920 Well-Known Member

Metcons sold out completely on Nike in 15 mins and Rogue hasn't listed but one color yet. Ordered and paid but got an email back telling me they weren't in stock. To my knowledge only other retailer is roadrunner and they only have the black

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Yeah I dunno wtf is up with rogue I got an email from them early this morning saying they were released and I looked and there was a fsr o all 4 cw's. Now it's empty. I doubt they've sold out.
    I would expect dicks and fnl to get them though. These should be a general releas on the level of the FK frees I would think.

3. bagley920

bagley920 Well-Known Member

Took Dick's a while to start carrying Nano's though. Hopefully they can just give me my size in the Volts whenever they decide to release those

4. OccultaVexillum

True but this is Nikes intro to Crossfit and the market is way too big for them to keep this as a limited release. Crossfit has been a huge boost for Reebok, they pay Froning like an NFL star, and the nanos have like zero legit competition.

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

still have the preorder

6. cashewvine

cashewvine Active Member

Anyone know if the Flyknit racers in black/white are going to be restocked

7. dopeitsjosh

dopeitsjosh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  8. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Me too. Fuck these fucking hype beasts who don't even go to the gym

1 person likes this.
  9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

It's nuts right now. Someone just paid me over $400 for my used shadows.

10. thatboyo

thatboyo Well-Known Member

How much can a used pair of the black/white fly knit trainers go for?

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

Way more than retail.

12. etl

etl Well-Known Member

It's odd that the b/w flyknits were listed as OoS for a few weeks before they removed them....and still I wait.

13. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

to think that the original b/w racer sat until they hit clearance on ndc

14. kingsfull

kingsfull Well-Known Member

Nike pulled them off the site because people were using a "backdoor" method to grab sizes before they were actually listed on the site. So even though it showed as "coming soon," people were able to add them to their carts before the sizes got put up.

If you think this is bad, wait until they drop the second multicolor version slated later this year.

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

This sneaker douchebaggery has gotten waaaaaaaay out of hand.

3 people like this.
  16. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Full size run available here, don't see the appeal :embar: I'm good with light and airy fknit frees

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  17. OccultaVexillum

18. bouds

bouds Well-Known Member

They were listed as out of stock, but a script was out in the wild that allowed you to add them to your cart if the size was in stock. Basically, Nike was planning a restock but didnt turn on the switch, but bots/scripts allowed users to bypass and buy. Nike then pulled the shoe.

Edit: didn't see kingsfull post before posting. Funny thing is you could preorder the flyknit with ease in Oct/Nov, because the beasts were hyping other releases.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  19. etl

etl Well-Known Member

curses.

thanks kingsfull and bouds. i've been sitting on that flyknit black and white link for a few months and missed my shot (that 5 minute window of reload). crazy about the hacking of the nike backorders to get the shoes. you wouldn't think "basic" shoes would require such predatory behavior.

20. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

I'm both astonished and disgusted by it, both at Nike's tactics and the tactics of the people that go the effort of hacking the back-orders to get shoes, quite possibly so they can re-sell them at inflated prices.

Ultimately, if Nike had fewer models, made more of those models, and made them more widely available, these issues wouldn't exist. I understand that Nike is constraining supply so that it can charge higher prices, particularly for certain models, but I don't understand why it restricts supply of what should be a basic running or workout shoe. Why not just make a lot of them and sell them, instead of its current method of selling?