1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

operator error

1 person likes this.
  2. superego

superego Well-Known Member

sneakers are one area where my eyes are usually bigger than my stomach (feet). so many pairs I think are cool, that I know I'd hardly ever wear

random stuff off kith:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thinking about picking up some roshes today, possibly the NM if I can find them in my size (11.5, assuming they fit like the regular roshes)

3. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

I've returned stuff to Nike stores 3, 6, and even 12 months after purchase for quality issues. They've always exchanged it for me.

4. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

sometimes they release all-black prototypes ,

more pics
    [​IMG][​IMG]

adidas blew it trying same concept but going up all the way till mid calf , and a knit upper.......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

These were a super general release so they were easy to obtain compared to others. I had high hopes when I saw the colorway named. I was disappointed with the execution so I passed.

Looking forward to Carmine 6 and Concord 11 low in May.

6. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

If they retroed white/cements again I would have copped.

7. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I copped a DS pair last year for $180. It was the version from 2010 or 2011, not the 88 from last year. I need the black and cement color way though.

8. zhouyu

zhouyu Well-Known Member

If you mean romance of the three kingdoms... Then yes...

9. sawedust

sawedust Member

Got a pair too off of NDC. Pretty easily I might add. I like the way they have their new verification system as well as some improvements on their backend. Went a lot smoother than previous releases.

With the extra time I had I figured I'd try to get a pair of the Kobe 9 Perspective as a backup shoe for ball (already copped a pair of the Masterpieces). Depending on which one I like more I'll probably sell the other but we'll see. May end up just keeping both. Ideas?

Side note, waking up at 3 A.M. just to have a shot at getting a pair sucks.

10. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

Wish the verification system was their for the Bred 1s. But it's cool, hopefully they make a lot of pairs of the Carmines.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. sawedust

sawedust Member

I'm with you on that one. It's the only Jordan shoe that I really wanted to own but unfortunately it didn't pan out.

So far so good with the system, hope it continues to work out for everyone's benefit.

12. trig

trig Well-Known Member

What's the new verification thing you guys are talking about? I didn't wake up this morning to try for any of the shoes.

13. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Carmines are confirmed to be a super GR as well with as many if not more pairs than the Gamma 11s produced. We are looking at about 600k pairs at least compared to the quick strike black and red 1s at 80k pairs or so.

Dang. Wish I tried out the new system. I guess this was the first release with the implementation. Bots will be tweaked to fight for sure. This stuff doesn't hold back bots from hoarding the hottest venue tickets.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

What time zone are you in? Nikestore only ships to the USA and Canada I think. Releases are launched at 8AM Est so curious to know why you have to get up at 3AM.

15. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

he could be Alaskan or hawaiian

1 person likes this.
  16. dareone

dareone Well-Known Member

8AM EST
    5AM PST
    3AM HST (which is now 2AM because of DST)

1 person likes this.
  17. sawedust

sawedust Member

Yep, in Hawaii.

Thanks to DST the 2AM time is much more bearable than the 3AM time. Easier to fall back asleep/stay awake than it is an hour later.

18. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Didn't know that. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than 5AM for me. Pro is you can sleep after. Con is staying up or getting up in time. Haha.

1 person likes this.
  19. sawedust

sawedust Member

Personally for me I'd love to have the 5AM time. For some reason I love it when I get an early start to my day, makes me feel a lot more productive. Just have to sleep an hour earlier or so.

The fact that NDC's servers seemed a lot more stable during checkout (along with the new verification) makes it much more pleasurable to deal with. When I got my Kobe 9 Masterpieces I was up from 3AM to 445AM trying to checkout, it was ridiculous. Then just catching one or two hours of sleep before having to wake up again... real PITA. At least a 5AM time would have put me at 645, still enough time to go to the gym/eat breakfast/go to work.