1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. supaflypatty

supaflypatty Member

2. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

somebody said earlier that they look really tacky in person or something

3. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

They look alright to me. If you're an Infrared fan I'd say they're worth a try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

look at the product shots on NDC, the silver lunar sole looks like some second they sent to DSW

Id probably cop if it was a matte grey or white outsole.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  5. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5 people like this.
  6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Sliver is tricky.

I dug out my thrashed OG Air Max '97s. I still love this style. Perpetually tempted to pick up another pair just for nostalgia's sake.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Link, can't find.

8. mike1445

9. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Insole or outsole?

Because you've got to be crazy to stop you from liking the shoes due to the color of the insole.

10. mike1445

11. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

Every single Footlocker I checked with is doing FCFS for the Taxi XIIs, all the Modells were out of tickets quick, and Champs is doing tickets this week but at 10am-12pm? In 30°F?

I don't remember it being this hard to cop GR Jordans, lol.

And now I'm reading that the Black/Red 1s are going to be even more limited?

SMHFTS

12. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

The Hype is REAL!

13. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

but doesn't willy live in nyc?

granted it probably won't be any easier for me here in sf either (really want those 1's!)

anyway, are my flyknit trainers fake or replicas or something? they're sandwiched here between two legitimate nikes (bought from footlocker and zappos top and bottom respectively):

[​IMG]

i thought that the style label looked weird when i first got them (bought off eBay; aznfk69 was the seller), but i was watching a replica/fake vs. authentic jordan video the other day and i noticed that the replica/fake's label was made in the same exact style as my trainer's (smaller font and all)

it seems like it'd be hard to reproduce flyknit trainers, but what would i know?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

element shield zip is so good, first i wanted the orange but now i want another color, can't make up my mind

1 person likes this.
  15. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

So, out there question but, did anyone else ever have a pair of the Dunk Low SB in that brown/fuzzy pink Gibson color way?

I got a pair when I was like 19 and treated them like shit. They're also like an inch too long (size 13). I can buy a pair that's available in 11.5, but I'm worried that might be taking too much off in sizing.

The pair I have are also pretty much the right width, maybe even a little snug in that regard (although that might be because of the elastic tongue stabilizer things, can't tell really.)

16. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Pics of the shoes?

17. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

Certainly not fake because of the box. That's the font on unisex boxes where they show two sizes.

18. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

@masshi, you would think so, but living in NYC makes it even worse because it's a heavy Jordan buying city. All those big chains I mentioned there will be guaranteed campout lines hours in advance and I am not dealing with that nonsense, especially not in this weather. It's not like if I were to live in some other state where I could just casually stroll in at noon, cop my size and be done with it.

There isn't an abundance of good mom & pop shops as there was when I used to be big into sneakers also, and the ones that are selling early are asking for like 230+(?). I'll probably check a few more mom & pop shops and the usual spots but so far, it's looking like online for retail on RD or bust.

I like these sneakers, but not that much. :laugh:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  19. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

willy, I'm pretty new to Jordans. Only pair I have are the Jordan black/red 4s from last November.

Is this the 12 to get, or should I wait for a re-release of the flu-game colorway?

I love the Taxi, but I don't know if I'd ever wear them because they'll show dirty so easily.

20. piluchavez

piluchavez Well-Known Member

This colorway was the first release of the 12 but IMO the playoff and obsidian colorways were better. Both of those came out earlier this year too.