1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

And is that still a sale for Nike/Jordan? Is that still money going to the Oregon juggernauts pockets? HELL TO THE FUCKING YES!!!

You just proved my point, thank you very much. :lol:

Ya'll act like all these shoes has to sell at retail for Nike to make a buck. Buy them at 50% off and Nike still make their profit.

And yes, if Drake shoes are ugly (though it's a fucking all white IXs and it's ugly?) but limited and kids shoot each other for them, then Nike still made them dollars now didn't they?

2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

It's plausible - Lebron only sells his own shoes in different colorways and afaik hasn't retro'do anything yet. And he's already $300m of the way there. If he goes the way of Jordan when he retires and gets the current stars to wear his shoes, he'll vastly increase his reach

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Nope!

Lebron are getting uglier and uglier, Jordans didn't go downhill in design until it hit the high teens. Actually, the XXs and XXIs were still decent, the past maybe 5 have been close to terrible but they still sell at close to $200 retail on performance alone.

Only Lebron that is good are I-III, IV is decent but anything after that can be considered a Team Jordan type of shoes. Doesn't help that his shoes are built for him so they are heftier and bulkier and heavier and those just do not sell as well performance-wise, I hated playing ball in Lebrons.

Not to mention that Jordans aren't going away anytime soon.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that Nike isn't making money off them, just that they are ugly. I understand it from a business standpoint and as a hype engine, but it doesn't make the shoes less ugly.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Well it sure sounds like you agreed with him though.

6. OccultaVexillum

they ARE sitting on shelves.
    I'm not speaking for Bawlin, but you can walk in to any FNL or footlocker and find the shitty CW's in most sizes and you can find them on bg discounts pretty regularly too. By "sitting on shelves" i'm saying they don't sell out in a matter of hours. Of course they still sell in the long run and create a profit. This isn't an argument about profits and marketing, I was simply trying to say that the vast majority of new CW's are ugly as balls, do you agree with that?

7. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

No one is disagreeing with the ugly colorways but the discussion you quoted was about it selling or not and it does sell.

Hell if you read this whole thread, more Nikes/Jordans are probably hated than loved. :lol:

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

And adding to Wis' post on Kobe 9 FLYKNITS...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. supaflypatty

supaflypatty Member

I was looking to buy new sweatpants to lounge around in and wear to class or something. Are the AW77 cuffed sweatpants the best ones to get at the moment?

10. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

This talk about questionable product reminds me of what Steve Jobs told Mark Parker:

Quote: I'm not sure how much "editing" Parker actually did, and Nike is doing great anyway, but it would be cool (from a fan's standpoint, if not from a business standpoint) to see Nike streamline their product lineup to include just the best products and none of the "crappy stuff" Jobs referred to.

11. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Nike has indeed turned it around over the past few years, and their stock price reflects this. I remember in the early-to-mid 2000's, there was hardly anything to be excited about. Now it's almost like it's impossible to keep up. So they are doing good in that regard.

12. hwai333

hwai333 Well-Known Member

Fear Pack was nice

13. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

A few more shots of the KB 9 Elites. It will be interesting to see what else Nike does with Flyknit outside the running lineup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

ultra high top = better Achilles protection? :happy:

15. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

btw, those Drake collabs will sell like crazy because Drake. the Yeezys are even uglier than those and look what happened

16. OccultaVexillum

I just noticed that fiberglass style on the heel of the KB9's.
    Does Nike have a name for that?
    I haven't really followed Nike hard since I played ball in HS and I remember those J Kidd signatures that had that same fiberglass style on the bubbles on the sole.

17. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Must be my age then. I'm 28 and none of my friends who got into sneakers from the jump like them. The ugliest being the V which was the most sought after too if I can recall due to being the most limited.

But again I rarely like any retro plus color ways.

18. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

You're talking about the carbon fiber plate?

19. hwai333

hwai333 Well-Known Member

I'm 30, the IV from the pack was nice IMO and heard quality was decent compared to the other recent retros. I, myself also is not a fan of most of the retro plus colorways.

20. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

The only two retro pluses I like this year were the Black Grape 5s and Toro 4s.

Quality and Retro Jordans don't mesh well alas, my friend :(