1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Well-Known Member

The Free Run have Flywire, the Trainer has that Chinese finger trap design upper. I think the sole designs are different too.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

thanks for the help, guys

are both shoes just as snug as the other (as in the lunarglide and the trainer, not left and right feet lol)?

3. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I don't have the Lunarglides anymore and can't remember, but the difference is negligible. Maybe the Flyknit Trainers are very slightly tighter, if at all.

4. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

thanks once again

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Meh

1 person likes this.
  6. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

dont know about lunarglides, but i have flyknit trainers and the flyknit lunar things, both in the same size, and the latter feel more snug in the toes.

7. Reigningchamp

Reigningchamp Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone is still looking/interested in the Nike x Undercover Gyakusou Thermore but I found 2 in my local Marshall's for great prices. Also picked up the Nike Chambray Firefly jacket as well.

8. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Anyone have recommendations for cold-weather running gear? This is my first year living in a cooler climate, and temps dropped into the 40s this week. Options:

[​IMG]
    Explore

[​IMG]
    Vapor

[​IMG]
    Cyclone

There's also this, but it's $500:

[​IMG]
    Allover Flash

There are a couple of Gyakusou jackets on clearance, but I'm not crazy about any of them and don't want to wait for the new stuff.

Will probably get a few long sleeve Dri-Fit knits for a base layer, maybe a few half-zips. Not sure about bottoms—I have tights, but they're on the short side, and bare ankles may be a deal breaker when the temp drops.

9. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Well-Known Member

Gym membership and a treadmill? Better yet, move back to a milder climate. Or, even better yet, lift weights and have some discipline with your diet, and cardio becomes unnecessary.

1 person likes this.
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Uniqlo heattech and run faster, so you don't get cold.

1 person likes this.
  11. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

I run because I enjoy it, especially outdoors—I'm not looking to avoid it. But yeah, I may end up on an indoor track or something.

I'd rather stick with Nike since all my other gear is Nike and I'm OCD like that, but I'll look into Heattech too. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  12. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

I think he was joking about not running..

About Flash jacket, I had the previous iteration, the Vapor Flash that was also like $500 couple years ago (http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/vapor-flash-running-jacket/). Do NOT buy it if the price tag seems remotely expensive which I feel like most of us feel this way.
    The reflective coating wears out really fast, like in a few weeks, and even a mild hand wash took off outer layer of coating. Not to mention it is highly noticeable when this happens as you will see dark spots when a light is shone on the jacket (because such spot won't reflect anymore).
    If money isn't your concern, it is very unique and cool jacket. But it's not a performance jacket as Nike wants you to think. With that money you can get like 2 full sets of cold running gear (yes from Nike).
    Last thing to consider, mine had no perforations IIRC and was warm enough to wear from 0f to 50f. Anywhere above was too hot. With this year's iteration it might actually be the other way around, it being too well ventilated.

Get some Half-zips, wool / knit crews and tights. No need to pick the most expensive ones. I think the Elements and Spheres are water resistant too so there's that.

1 person likes this.
  13. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Very helpful. Thanks for all the suggestions.

14. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

Anybody know what Roshe this is/where to find it? Hunting for a friend. Thanks y'all.

[​IMG]

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

chet, i wouldn't drop 500 on anything nike but like ceo said get some element or sphere stuff, you don't need a lot to stay warm since you'll get warm by running but a nice base and jacket over

it's too bad they don't make the jacket i got last year it's quite good and warm, forget the name of it i posted a screenshot i think a long time ago

1 person likes this.
  16. Find Finn

Ten points for completely missing the point of cardio.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

just cop down vest and gloves :lol:

1 person likes this.
  18. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Well-Known Member

Firstly, I was being sarcastic. But my point still stands: if you lift weights with enough intensity, short rest periods, etc., it can be a great cardio workout that renders steady state training almost unnecessary unless you are training for a marathon or some other endurance event. But I know runners are loathe to embrace the recent studies touting the superiority of HIIT type training. :p

19. HelloFello

HelloFello Well-Known Member

+1 on flyswatter said, you can actually get quite a bit of cardio training on using weights given that you minimize the rest period. Just doing running alone isn't going to do much to help you improve your cardio. Look into crossfit or something like that.

20. Find Finn

I do crossfit and I did normal lifting previously and my cardio is much better now.

I couldn't real tell if you were joking or not.