1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I didn't like the Havens, it pinched by the toe area. I see what youa re saying though, definitely check out the Hyperfeel when it comes out, it might just be what you are looking for. It has practically no midsole.

2. jet

jet Well-Known Member

hyper feels ugly as sin

3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

The Glove is back!
    No release date yet but sometime this year I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

OG AJ1 blk/red Hi's coming out too.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

I bought my first pair of Jordan's since 8th grade this past weekend. Picked up the OG Shadows.

1 person likes this.
  6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

love those ajs prob wouldn't buy tho

7. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

So it's finally confirmed? I pre-emptively sold off all my 2001 black/reds in lieu of the 2013 release later this year so this is a relief. I much prefer the shape and lack of padding around the ankles of the 2013 release :slayer:

8. Golf54

Golf54 Well-Known Member

Wow. I need to get ready for the Saturday morning clicking battle. I'm 0 for 4 at the moment but I'm desperate for a hit this time [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Are those black/reds coming out Saturday?

10. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I don't think any Jordans are coming out this week, Fire Reds III are next and that comes out early August iirc.

11. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Those charity DB 3s are dropping this Sat. Impossible to cop to us. Kids are trying to reduce hops to the NDC server, upgrading their Internet service and computer while trying the most sophisticated bots for them and the Brons.

12. Golf54

Golf54 Well-Known Member

Is there a legitimate pre order site to get Jordan's from? I'm not good at coding to design a bot and my Internet is capped out as it is. Always have been unable to get the Jordan's and releases I'm looking for. Those youngn's must click faster than us old men.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

When does this come out?
    [​IMG]

14. bdeuce22

I read October or November.

15. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

No one does pre orders and if they do the price is grotesque. If you just want GRs then your chances are better and sometimes random sizes pop back up on the retailers' sites. Just bought a pair of Grape 5s for my friend last week on FootAction.com randomly on a Thurs morning. It's retail or nothing for me. Quality is inferior as is for msrp.

16. Golf54

Golf54 Well-Known Member

Wj4 you are right that's why I don't want to shell out 400 bucks for Jordan's. you gotta teach me your ways because as odd as it sounds I can never get past the refresh page

17. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I'm just an ordinary guy that is trying to cop some sneakers to break up the menswear, man, haha. I'm not those dudes who drop $150-200 for the top of the line bot that cops multiple pairs.

You won't have to pay $400. Most retro Jordans now are $160, with the exception of the 13 that was $170 and the 11 that was $185. It seems that all of the OG colorways are widely releases so those are easier. I tried to get several pairs and were successful in the black/white/red 13, grape 5, black/red 11, and the toro red 4 that came out last weekend. The only pair I struck out on was the black grape 5. Those were kinda limited (or Nike wants to make it appear that way). Nike now releases shoes in waves and every several months they have restocks on their site, which is usually unannounced, but kids still pay attention closely and shoes sell out within minutes still. This is 'the shoe game' as the kids call it.

I find that as time goes on, prices on Craigslist drops A LOT. The release date is always the highest because of the hype, but as time goes by and no one buys, they drop the price. I tell these kids that they're making less than minimum wage if you're spending 3-4 hours collecting tickets only to make $20 or so in profit. My theory is that after a while, the kids just want to unload and break even so they can move on. A lot of stores now are doing final sales so they can't return them. And something comes out almost weekly, be it Jordan, Kobe, KD, Lebron, etc. To have a flow of $200 or so weekly continuously for a kid is a lot of money...so they need to sell and recycle the income to keep buying.

When you try to buy from Eastbay, FootAction, Footlocker, you need to keep hitting the add to card button even though it won't let you until they announce the shoes are officially sold out. They can only process X orders per minutes and you have hundred of thousands of kids trying to submit orders at once.

I also try to collect raffle tickets with hope of avoiding this whole mess in the first place. I collected about 15 for the black grape 5s, and 22 or so for the toro red 4s and got no calls, haha. The only thing I won was the Kobe Mambacurial for a friend.

18. bdeuce22

Think they are out now.

19. TC1990

TC1990 Well-Known Member

20. djblisk

djblisk Well-Known Member

Preach!!!!!!