1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. saelan

saelan Well-Known Member

Anybody know if it's still possible to get the default white midsole/black upper Free +2 anywhere? The only place I can see to get a pair is to make them custom from the Nike ID page, but they don't ship to Canada, so that's out for me (I can't even ship to a proxy with a Canadian credit card).

2. brianoh

brianoh Well-Known Member

I just had a nightmare of a customer service experience at Nike. Purchased a pair of Flyknits online on sale for 100 dollars in blue. They came out much lighter than I expected so I went down to the Flat Iron store in NYC to get it exchanged for a different color. The guy helping me said there should be no extra charge, so I'm like cool. Get to the cashier, she sees how much I was charged and decides to charge me full price, claiming they were a different model. I thought in my head, oh, that's reasonable, but I really like these, so I'll pay the extra 70 dollars. Get home and check my online order and I see that it's the same exact model! I'm pretty pissed at this point. Few days later, I go to the 57th St location and they give me the run around, stating I have to go down to the store down in Flat Iron to get the refund of 70.00 dollars or so. I ask for a full refund, and they say they can't process it, and reiterate I have to go down to Flat Iron. I call Nike's corporate CS number and they tell me they can't do anything about it, and that I should be refunded the 2nd amount charged.

How fragmented is Nike, and how cut throat is their quota that no one wants to assume responsibility of this? Guess I have to burn some more time in my life.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Why couldn't you go back to the Flat Iron store?

7 people like this.
  4. brianoh

brianoh Well-Known Member

Was out of the way. Will go down tomorrow.

5. rockket

rockket Well-Known Member

anyone know where I can still get the black/sail or sport red roshe runs? looking for 8.5s specifically. zappos has the black/sail but is sold out of my size.

on a related note, anyone have recs for good looking sneakers i can wear w/ business casual/use for walking/biking to to work?

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  6. trig

trig Well-Known Member

couldn't hold off. just ordered the midnight fog fk chukkas from finishline. still trying to get the uni red ones. some other upcoming fk chukka colorways.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Nike is going to bankrupt me. Those Chukkas are fantastic.

8. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

So do you guys wear socks with the flyknit lunars? I just got a pair and love them but even all my small ankle socks stick out above the top. Dumb question... But I had to ask.

Also how much room do you typically leave in the toe box? Right now my big toe is little less than a thumb away from the top but my other toes are pretty much right even with the top side. I don't know if I should size down for the big toe bc my other toes would probably be too tight unless these stretch a good bit

[​IMG]

9. trig

trig Well-Known Member

I wear black no-show socks so they match the interior lining of mine. otherwise some days I do go sockless. unless I wear them to the gym then i throw on some crew socks.

If your toes are comfortable you should be fine. don't size down if your small toes are already at the edge. if anything i'd say size up then.

10. Tuma

Tuma Well-Known Member

How do the flyknit chukkas fit compared to af1 of blazers?

11. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

black socks, homie.

12. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

I go no socks with mine, the shoes are really comfortable and breathable. It's nice to feel the breeze with your toes.

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

I was told size down half for no socks, tts for with socks when I purchased my Flyknit trainer so I guess no sock is definitely an option.

14. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, quick question.

Does anyone know where I could get Volt Flyknit Trainers or Racers at retail or close to retail? Thanks in advance. :)

15. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

I actually ran a 5k on the beach in a pair of Chicago Lunarglide+ 3s

They ended up full of sand, as one would expect.

[​IMG]

I threw them in the washing machine and they're as good as new, with no sand!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

17. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

i've had my frees full of sand and silt multiple times, they wash up real nice.

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Get some falke invisble socks

http://www.amazon.com/Falke-Step-Sock-14624-Shoe/dp/B0077QID8G/

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  19. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I really hate going sockless, my feet just feels sweaty and sticky after a few minutes, I can't stand it.