1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Sagaji

Sagaji Well-Known Member

anyone still know where i can get Everest parka in size 44 or 46?

2. benecios

benecios Well-Known Member

Just ordered the Cameraman in brown, can't wait for it to arrive.
    I really like the Mallory too, does anyone know why some have 3 buttons and some have 4? Is one a newer version or something?

3. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

anyone still know where i can get Everest parka in size 44 or 46?
    Probably only Japanese shops in that size, and nothing is showing up on Rakuten. Did you search my links on page 2? Frankly I think the JP-made down jacket is much more wearable, and here's one in 46.
    Just ordered the Cameraman in brown, can't wait for it to arrive. I really like the Mallory too, does anyone know why some have 3 buttons and some have 4? Is one a newer version or something?
    Nice. Where did you get it from? I am pretty sure all of the Mallorys have four buttons and the top button is not fastened in many shop photos.

4. benecios

Got it off ebay for £525. Could maybe have got it cheaper in the sales but impatience got the better of me!

5. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

that down jacket is a million times better than the parka

6. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Got it off ebay for £525. Could maybe have got it cheaper in the sales but impatience got the better of me!
    Photos? I doubt you could have gotten it cheaper in the sales. Ebay UK has some decent prices on Cameramans.

7. benecios

8. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Nice. That one is my size, but I'm not crazy about the olive Ventile.

9. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

10. Rodders

Rodders Member

You pay for what you get with Cabourn. Have a few pieces and never had any trouble with them. Ace fit, design and materials. Ivory Swedish parka is a favorite of mine.

11. Oldboy

Oldboy Well-Known Member

12. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

daaaamn. If only they had the Mallorys in something other than windowpane- it's just not my thing. One of you guys should pick up a Cameraman.

(somehow, it looks like my post about End getting some more stock got deleted?)

13. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

14. husbands

husbands Well-Known Member

If I am a size 36 in most suits, S in Gitman, M in band of Outsiders, should I get a Cameraman in 44 or 46? I'm 5'8", if that helps

15. nonissue

nonissue Well-Known Member

If it was a size bigger it would have been a dogfight since I REALLY liked this piece..

mmmm i think the 44" would fit me, but it's too much of a risk without trying it on. so cool though.

16. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

If I am a size 36 in most suits, S in Gitman, M in band of Outsiders, should I get a Cameraman in 44 or 46? I'm 5'8", if that helps

I'd probably say 46.

17. husbands

husbands Well-Known Member

well the only size I can find at a reasonable price is 44, so I'm gonna give it a shot. I am looking for a tighter fit, but maybe not as tight as the LN-CC model... http://www.ln-cc.com/nigel-cabourn/n...vt/nig0011arm/ and if it looks bad LN-CC has a pretty great returns policy. can't believe I'm dropping $830 on a single thing right now, I could buy a beater car for that

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

End just got a new shipment in.

19. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

End just got a new shipment in.

Thanks Jet...just cost me £200 on that grey vest I've been hunting for a while...Merry Xmas to me!

20. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

well the only size I can find at a reasonable price is 44, so I'm gonna give it a shot. I am looking for a tighter fit, but maybe not as tight as the LN-CC model...
    http://www.ln-cc.com/nigel-cabourn/n...vt/nig0011arm/

and if it looks bad LN-CC has a pretty great returns policy. can't believe I'm dropping $830 on a single thing right now, I could buy a beater car for that

This is just my opinion, but I wear essentially the same sizes in the brands you mention and wouldn't even try to fit in a 44, no way. Minimum 46. You don't want your outwear to be skin tight like a sweater or something, especially if you layer even just a sweater under it. Too much $$ to risk it if you ask me.