1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

2. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

Good deals for Cabourn there. Nothing for me though. Might have bought a Mallory but they haven't any this season.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  3. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

The business jacket in xs at coggles is probably the one in 48 that I tried to get in three attempts and ending with no refund after sending back the 50 for the third time, even though it's clear that it has been delivered to them.

4. ike_hiking_boots

Ferry: How did you pay? When was it returned? Go back to your credit card company and file a chargeback. If you paid by PayPal you may of left it to late, however if the PayPal payment was funded with your credit card you will have a longer window to file a claim.

5. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to size down on this seasons Cameraman ?
    The old style Macintosh and Harris fitted quite neat on me , but I have a s&s Ventile in 56 and that was definitely big ?

6. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

paid the jacket by credit card send it back in late may paid the shipment by cash. Can't see how the credit card company can help me out with this issue.

7. ike_hiking_boots

I think you left it to late to make a claim. Most CC companies have a 120 day policy. However I still strongly advise you contact your credit card company and put in writing what has happened. There is Section 75 consumer credit card Act that gives you protection when things go wrong. Does your proof of return, tracking number still show the item was returned, do you still have copies of email communication with Coggles showing a return was agreed. Also contact Coggles, by email and follow it up with telephone call, ask to speak to a manager, and do not be fobbed off.

8. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

I agree - you can't let Coggles get away with their Dispicable behavour

It is well documented on this thread with my experience of Coggles and they are not fit to be selling premium brands

They have a dysfunctional warehouse, returns and delivery system and a remote customer services department that have no understanding of the product and just see the same info that you or I see

9. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

I will see what I can do.. I made a reclaim or what to call it to the post service and the jacket had been delivered to the right address but picked up by some protein company owned by the hut group. Been telling that to the customer service at coggles, but they are just awaiting for the warehouse to verify the return. But I have seen the so called size S come and go in their stock after I sent it back.

10. ike_hiking_boots

I think this has already been discussed but Coggles was an independent fashion boutique based in the heart of York founded by Sarah Bage in the 1970's. It got into financial difficulty and the Hut Group bought the name and closed the physical stores but have continued to trade as Coggles online. Interstingly the other store in York that carries Cabourn (SuperDenim) is also an online retailer.

The Hut Group and Coggles share the same address:

Meridian House,
    Gadbrook Park,
    Rudheath,
    Northwich,
    Cheshire,
    CW9 7RA

although on their contacts page states:

Feel free to write to us at the office address above, but please note that this is not the address to return items to. If you need to return a product to us, please contact Customer Service who will advise you how to proceed.

Call our Customer Service Team on 0161 813 1497

They shoudl have stock control records showing that the item was returned and then sold on.

Regardless, they should of refunded you by now.

11. cositgotdark

cositgotdark Member

How do you gents keep your Cabournwear looking and smelling fresh? Some things are straightforward to keep clean but a lot of the outerwear involves fancy fabrics and a lot of hardware. I was thinking of getting a steam garment cleaner, does anyone have experience of using one? Would it be suitable for fabrics like ventile, tweed, mackintosh and knitted items? Obviously oilcloth and beeswax would be a no go!

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  12. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

I'm curious about this also as Cameraman is spot cleaning only.

13. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Well-Known Member

This is continuing the "off topic" tangent, granted, but I just came back from my first visit to The Real McCoy's store in Tokyo. The store is beautiful and I spent a small fortune. I tried on their M65 and couldn't resist. Along with a bunch of other stuff. Got a bit carried away.

14. ike_hiking_boots

Christmas comes early. Corniche have gone to Sale!!

15. conak

conak Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up... Afraid no Christmas for me: I was finally about to pick up a mallory vest in 52. While adding my shipping details my browser froze. Reopened it, and by the time I'd returned to the site, 52 was sold out. So the wait continues...

16. conak

conak Well-Known Member

Quick, possibly crazy, question- has anyone ever 'shrunk washed' a mallory vest? I did it with a peaked lapel coat that was just too big, and the results were great? If anyone's done it, could you let me know the results? And other folks, can you think of any reason the results wouldn't work the same for the vest as the jackets?

17. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

It's not that crazy
    I've shrunk washed Nigels linen work pocket jacket and hospital waistcoat with great results
    Others I know have shrunk washed a Mallory jacket with good results so I expect a mallory waistcoat will work well - I'd do it carefully by hand and reshape to dry - it's woolen tweed so have a search on Google to get some ideas on how to do it best
    I'm definately going to shrink wash an AW (FW) 10 mallory which is on the big side

18. conak

conak Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, I'll probably use it on a future color that runs out before sales bring it to my level, but looks like this year christmas spread: I was just about to take the chance and get a vest one size up, but then I decided that if corniche is having sales, maybe others followed suit. Sure enough I found a size 52 on sale for even better than Corniche. They didn't have the brown 'leather' I was looking for, but I suspect brown navy will serve my purposes well enough.

So FYI Everyone, Cultizm is also having a sale (at least on Cabourn, didn't look at the rest)

19. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  20. conak

conak Well-Known Member

Yeah I used that blog as reference when shrinking an army stripe tweed peak lapel in 52. It actually came out better on me than a 50 (my actual size) because it fixed my usual problem of the sleeves being too long. I'd say I got nearly a full size shrinkage, though I did two 30 minute rounds soaking in very hot water followed by drying in an electric dryer. I managed to such a deal on it, but only size 52 so I figured I'd take the gamble and it paid off big.

It's the length shrinkage that has me worried about repeating the process (even if less aggressively) on a tweed vest. Eric Gils Sans does say it worked on his hospital waistcoat though. I'll at least have time to contemplate it now I've found a 52 in the color (mostly) I was looking for.