1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Grove

Grove Well-Known Member

Frosty car windows but not a proper ground frost.....and I thought it was us Southeners that were meant to be the soft Jesse's...

Migsy,
    the fit looks really good and don't worry about how light it feels. Pretty much everyone comments on that when they try a decent down jacket for the first time. Also the Ventile used on the Everest is lighter than the stuff you are used to on the Camerman etc. An odd choice IMO as a heavier cloth would have been more effective and durable. I can only guess NC wanted to save weight on the coat.

2. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

Yeah it was officially 0 degrees (freezing) when I left the house. That's pretty chilly for mid November in the UK.
    When the wind picks up the thin Ventile will be tested.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

You do know there's a winter coat thread, that isn't NC centric.

4. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

Comments on the product only please.

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I think it's not a Cabourn and you should post it in another thread and not spam this one with non Cabourn related stuff.

6. ike_hiking_boots

It's a legitimate post, stop Trolling.

7. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

This is getting really annoying...

1 person likes this.
  8. migsy999

Funny shit.

I think it's cool for the coat to be in the thread. It's part of an ongoing discussion. It's not just appeared in the thread out of nowhere.
    We are comparing down coats so it's appropriate imo.

9. ike_hiking_boots

Wonder if there will be any decent Black Friday deals out there? Getting 30% banded about all the time, but I'm looking for a real discount.

10. migsy999

It's pretty rare to see a code over 30%.
    You generally have to wait for the sales to see things go for big discounts. Then you'll find most sizes well and truly rinsed.
    If you see something you really want, 30% off is a good price for me.

11. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Mallory suit.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  12. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

That looks so good @zissou. I take it you're over the moon with it?

I was in the shop again on Saturday and Nigel brought out an older Mallory to match the Bombay pants I had on to make a suit. Had to use all my will power not to grab it but I'm fairly certain I'll be back soon to pick it up.

Having the Cabourn shop on my doorstep is possibly going to lead me to financial ruin, lol. Nigel has been there each time I've gone in and he's a top bloke, which is cool. Wish I'd grabbed a picture as we swapped jackets for a bit and I tried on his jacket he had with him from the 2003 limited edition collection. Can't remember the name but his was number 100 and I've never felt a jacket like it. The wool was so thick and heavy, nothing would get through that thing. It felt bullet proof.

1 person likes this.
  13. desolate

desolate Active Member

So how did you get on with the coat yesterday?

Warm enough?

14. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

I see knock off Nigel has introduced an ' archive ' section online , in other words sale items , and he's banging out the crazy cameraman for £1250 , what a friggin rip off , even you most hardy NC fans can't justify this , utter bullshit ..

1 person likes this.
  15. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

He is also selling the crazy camo cameraman in store for the same price... Luckily I got mine from Yoox for 190€ [​IMG]

16. migsy999

Wasn't out and about yesterday, but it did well on Monday.
    I'm going boozing at the Christmas markets tomorrow so it will get another airing. Don't think it's going to be cold though tomorrow.

17. ike_hiking_boots

archive
    /ˈɑːkʌɪv/

noun
    noun: archive; plural noun: archives

a collection of historical documents or records providing information about a place, institution, or group of people.
    "a section of archive film"
    synonyms: records, annals, chronicles, registers, accounts;
    papers, documents, rolls, dossiers, files, deeds, ledgers;
    history, information, evidence;
    documentation, paperwork;
    formalmuniments
    "if you delve into the family archives you'll find that their marriage was a very happy one"
    the place where historical documents or records are kept.
    "they were allowed to study in the archives"
    synonyms: record office, registry, repository, museum, chancery
    "more and more museums, archives, and libraries are becoming independent"
    a complete record of the data in part or all of a computer system, stored on an infrequently used medium.

verb
    verb: archive; 3rd person present: archives; past tense: archived; past participle: archived; gerund or present participle: archiving

place or store (something) in an archive.
    synonyms: file, log, catalogue, pigeonhole;
    store, record, register, chronicle, cache;
    document, put on record, post
    "these videos are archived for future use"
    Computing
    transfer (data) to a less frequently used storage medium such as magnetic tape.
    "the entire directory will be archived"

cabourn
    the stuff we couldn't get rid of for love or money when we made it but now think it's worth it's weight in gold.

18. jacksonn

jacksonn Well-Known Member

Let's get out the dead stock, re-brand it as "archive", and actually raise the prices. Play the "rare" card, see how that works. I don't really want to go into the Cabourn price issue (if you don't like the price, fair enough, move on, is my view) - but this seems a wee bit cynical - and only adds to what seems to be a year-on-year rising suspicion among NC admirers. Rightly or wrongly I think the fact is, some good will is being lost.

19. migsy999

Well if any mug buys them it's their choice. It will be on Markkt in a few months for a quarter of the price.
    You're a bit daft if you buy anything full price. There's always discount codes flying about.

20. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

I don't think Marrkt will every start a new sale... One of the guys working at the Cabourn shop at Covent Garden told me they would be holding sample sales in store at some stage... Lets wait how good those deals get!!