1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Flannels had the Everest for over 500 euros less than that about a year ago. If sizing is an issue then yes. Anyway, price bad, but not great either. I've seen everything there for less.

2. Grove

Grove Well-Known Member

42? That's Lilliputian sizing.

3. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

I would of been seriously tempted to get the Cashmere Duffle at that price after seeing the actual garment at the new NC store, quality is amazing, although I really wanted the green. They are sold out in 50 and 52.

4. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

Must admit I've never seen a CABOURN size 42 but judging by the size of my Antartic/everest parka in 46 - I recon a 42 would be perfect for my wife

5. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

I think such a wide variety of colours for that price is amazing!! Usually, the cheaper ones were in less desireable colours, which IMO is the yellow one!

6. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

Eric, I'm seriously thinking of buying one the Everest parkas. You seem like a small guy like me.
    You have a 46 don't you?
    I'm wondering whether to go for a 44 or 46? I'm a 46 in everything else Cabourn. I even had a 44 skyliner that fit me snug. What do you reckon? I know they come up massive so I'm leaning to a 44.
    I like the yellow but everyone else seems to dislike it.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Japan sizing, maybe?

8. migsy999

Too late Eric. I've ordered a 44. Pretty much a opportunity I couldn't miss. I can exchange for a 46 if it's too small. I reckon it will be fine though. I'm a midget. 46 in most Cabourn stuff and 5'5". It wouldnt shock me if the 44 smothers me. It's still 24" pit to pit according to an Everest on Rakuten.

I played safe in the end. Went for Navy black. I was too worried about denim bleed on the yellow or orange.
    This better live up to expectations. I had a Woolrich Arctic Parka which I didn't think was that warm. -40 my arse. I was chilly with a jumper on under that when we had the big freeze last year up in North West England.

9. Eric Gill Sans

I'm 5 ft 11 with 35 I inch chest and 30 waist so reasonably tall but very slim

Definitely go orange and definitely go 44

Why orange - it's the classic Sir Edmund Hilary colour that inspired the collection. Much copied but still original

Why 44 - because the parkas are big

10. Eric Gill Sans

Sorry missed replying before post

You won't regret it - 44 will be great I'm sure

Good point about the black navy - my orange one does look a bit grubby after all these years

Looking forward to photos

11. migsy999

Cheers mate. It's broke the bank, but I doubt I'd ever own one if I don't get a 44 while it's available. I'll post up pics soon. I'm sure those efficient Germans will have it at my door by weekend.
    Guaranteed to have the mildest winter in years now :)

12. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

The jacket is amazing, and while I agree that orange looks extremely cool, I agree with migsy999: I would be too worried that I wont like the jacket anymore in a few years. Besides, orange is the colour that the garbage collection wears in Germany lol :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

The orange looks the most "traditional" for me when it comes to the Everest. That said I love the Black Navy and that would likely be my first choice. I love the orange and yellow though too.

14. migsy999

Well maybe some bad news. 14oz just called me to make sure about the size. The sizes on the site aren't really the actual Cabourn marked size. They are the uk sizing. Quite confusing.
    He was ready to send me a 44 but was thinking I'm a 44 chest so was ready to send me a marked 50 jacket. Odd!
    He's checking now for marked 44s. I doubt there's any 42s and I'm thinking now I'd be lucky to get a 44. I'll keep you posted. They have army green too which I might go for yet. It's all very strange though.

15. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Well-Known Member

That's really very odd. So does that apply to everything they are showing or just the Everest?

16. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

I doubt that they actually sell Everest Parkas with a chest size of 54 inch (which is the largest size they are selling)... There must be a mis-match for the small sizes, i.e. the 42s and 44s either don't exist, or they are equivalent to 50s/52s or whatever. 14oz tends to be a bit un-organized, also in store... However, they have a great selection.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  17. migsy999

He seemed confused himself on the phone. Cabourn is confusing at the best of times.
    The sizing doesn't actually correspond to anything. A 46 is neither a 46cm or inch in size.

I told him I'm a midget and said find me something to suit a young child :)

As for all the other stuff, I can't really say. Maybe it's just Cabourn gear.
    People know they're stuff though. You're not gonna drop over a grand on a coat and not do your homework. Anyone who knows Cabourn knows the sizing and they should be marked on the website as they are on the jacket.

18. Eric Gill Sans

Oh god

Sounds like a complete disaster their end
    Surely they know what they are doing - they can't post 44's and 46's thinking we want a Euro Italian size 54 and 56 respectively
    Maybe they have misrepresented the 42 and it should be a 52 but the rest seem in line with Offerings from Japanese retailers and what LN-CC offered a few years ago ie from 44 to 54

19. migsy999

We'll see soon, maybe.
    They called at 1030 this morning. Not heard a peep since. Can't take that long to look at a few labels.
    I reckon the smallest would be a 46. Not sure whether to chance that as It could be like tent on me.
    Looks like I won't be getting one after all.

20. badeggcat

badeggcat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014