1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. PhilVo

PhilVo Well-Known Member

In case anyone is interested in a Donkey sample jacket at a great price:

http://www.alexanderleathers.com/sale/donkey-jacket.html

Besides, I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with waxing (Cabourn) cotton jackets? I picked up a double breasted jacket from Marrkt about 1.5 years ago, which is made from heavy cotton and very much looks like the jacket below. As I am not 100% happy with it, I was considering to wax it myself to make it ready for the rainier days in London and to give it a cooler look... Any experiences / ideas, please share!

[​IMG]

2. Malafider

Malafider Member

Only me loving the trench duffle in navy?

I think it looks even better than last years duffle. I will definately pick it up...

3. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

4. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Migsy, It's a Main Line wool/cotton version from Japan, which is why we haven't really seen it much. Notice the green label...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  5. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

It is a Mallory made for the Japanese market - non made it to be sold in the UK and I can't remember it sold online in Europe
    There were at few sold in the US and of course plenty in Japan
    Can't remember whether it's got a green Mainline tag or The authentic tag
    Interestingly the ex British footballer & manager Gareth Southgate was seen on ITV sport wearing this exact jacket a year or so ago and I tweeted about it. It was Nigel who retweeted and replied that it was a Japanese Mallory

I have since seen this Mallory on a few Japanese Cabourn shop blogs

Hope that helps - it's a great jacket with a beautifully soft feel Handle to the fabric apparently

6. J-M Couturier

J-M Couturier Member

I've just tried to buy it from the site but it seems only to be available to buy in turkey and shipping to turkey. when i log into yoox from the UK it doesn't show up. Shame as would have bought it.

Thanks for all the info guys - really interesting and useful. What a beautiful Mallory!

7. J-M Couturier

J-M Couturier Member

I've just tried to buy it from the site but it seems only to be available to buy in turkey and shipping to turkey. when i log into yoox from the UK it doesn't show up. Shame as would have bought it.

Thanks for all the info guys - really interesting and useful. What a beautiful Mallory!

8. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  9. Scoobersti

Scoobersti Well-Known Member

I talked to the employees at Filson Seattle store today and they said they aren't sure if they will sell them at the store. One of the employees said that if they do sell it, they might be the last to release it and that it should be online. It seemed like they couldn't really say much because there are no actual announcement on the collab yet.

10. jopson

jopson Member

Is that jacket 'migsy' is looking at a tenzing rather than a Mallory? I always thought tenzings had 4 buttons and were longer in the length and Mallory's had 3 buttons... I'm sure Ian (who is a really great guy) from corniche told me that.

11. Nookitect

Nookitect Well-Known Member

It's funny to me to see some of you guys saying that you don't like the new Crazy Cameraman but you really liked previous versions...because I have never, for the life of me, understood why anyone would purchase one of them. Now the new one for this season, I am crazy about! Besides one of the Filson collabs, it's at the top of my list for this season. To each his own.

P.S. I am more stylish than everyone else on this thread so that must make this seasons crazy the best crazy!

12. Nookitect

Nookitect Well-Known Member

13. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

Got lots of mainline and authentic.
    Never seen a wool mix.
    My Japan stuff is cotton or jersey.

Just waiting on my Filson cape jacket. I got a small, but reckon it will still be huge on me.
    I paid a hell of a lot on postage from the US to UK.

No doubt I'll get heavily stung by customs too.

Expect it on the market place next week. Unless it's a great fit over a tweed Mallory then I might keep it.
    Too hard to pass up though. Best thing from this season from Cabourn IMO.

The Aigle gear is massively overpriced and I'm not really into any of it.
    The only one is the black donkey jacket that's priced similar to the brown UK version.
    Only the UK one is almost 50% leather.

The Black Aigle one is just wool and is the same if not more expensive!!

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

I really like the Mallory in Moss this year.

15. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

Cameraman in olive & moss very nice , but needs to be half priced , and size 56 ..
    Not seen 56 anywhere , and no answer from the emails sent ..

16. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

I can get away with a 52 in a Cameraman (54 in a Mallory jacket 56 in Mallory vest) but yes £999 is ridiculous however nice...

17. seer

seer Well-Known Member

I have only re-waxed my Barbour or Filson jackets. It takes a while - you will need a good wax, you can get them from Filson or Barbour (only in green or black I believe). Then you need a hair dryer. You simply heat up an area of the jacket and rub the wax in, do that over the entire coat. If you have a tan color coat like above it will take on the tint of the color wax you are using.

The guy in this link has it right:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  18. W11N

W11N Member

Happy Cameraman owner here. Size 52 brown & navy!

19. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

Fantastic, I love the brown and navy combo on both the Cameraman & the Mallorys for this season. It's such a great looking colourway - makes my all brown or all navy Cabourn jackets and coats look positively dull

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  20. migsy999

migsy999 Well-Known Member

Cultizm has some interesting pieces up. Some nice tweed Atkinson jackets.