1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

SS15's Authentic Collection will be a continuation of WW1 inspired pieces since it's the hundred year anniversary. They're showing in Paris, New York, Berlin and Tokyo in the next two months. Hopefully we'll get some pictures after the coming shows.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. benecios

benecios Well-Known Member

Why do you guys think the Denim Mallory is not proving to be popular, it's discounted to 50% at a few places and they have every size possible. I was going to get the Army one but I can see more money being shaved off as they don't seem to be moving at all.

3. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

For me, the blue denim one just looks terrible in all the pictures. The fact that so many retailers got it suggests that there must be something about it, so it may look much better in real life. I came round to the army denim one and thought about picking it up in the sales too. This one was the stand out for me though this season. Picked it up a wee while back and goes great with the deck pants I got. The fabric is beautiful.

Ended up grabbing the indigo sweatpants in the sale. Not really sure what I was thinking but I loved the colour. Should be here this week so hopefully they work out.

4. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Well-Known Member

How is your Denim Mallory "wearing" in regards to the fabric. Assuming the denim may be starched and am wondering about creasing etc ? Which is something I would like.

Got one of the Cabourn zipped sweats and not a favorite piece as its cut a little short and is boxy in fit, still looking for the zip hoodie with the Ventile on the sleeves lol

Thanks

5. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're addressing me but I don't have a denim one. Haven't seen the fabric either unfortunately.

6. Mon Dieu

Sorry miss read your post.....Have my eye on the Denim Mallory and thought you had gotten one.....From the pictures the "Olive" looks nice.

Just not sure about the Fabric.....

7. benecios

I actually prefer the look of the blue denim one but I only wear jeans and wouldn't want to look like I had a denim suit on.

8. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Sonofabitch. For three weeks, I missed out on bidding on a pair of ARN produced Cabourn trousers on ebay, and they kept getting relisted. I finally bid on them at the last minute today, and got outbid at the last second. Oh well, they were white, and I am not very likely to have worn them much.

Any nice Cabourn trouser sales at the moment? I was thinking of buying the linen work jeans at Bureau, but they are way oversized.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  9. BLAUGRANA

I think I already mentioned this, but the ventile on the olive colorway would be my concern. I'd be concerned that it'll be too light and look too... clean and modern against the denim.

Anyway, my thoughts on the Mallory is that it could be quite versatile. I could it see it with chinos or a pair of tweed or herringbone trousers. Maybe a pair of camouflage "WW2" pants... I'll have to judge it in person though. Either way this year's SS Mallory looks much nicer than last year's SS Mallory.

10. BLAUGRANA

Bad shot of SS15 from Tranoi:

[​IMG]

11. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

Excellent point - that's exactly why I resisted

12. jacksonn

jacksonn Well-Known Member

Came very close to buying the army denim Mallory on a number of occasions, even back at full price, but it bothered me that the Ventile looked too bright. A shade darker and I'd have bought one ages ago. Looks great on NC's website, but of course it would, because he uses a great photographer. Not hugely into the pictures of the forthcoming grey AW14 Mallory - looking forward to seeing what other colours this item appears in for AW. Anybody know?

13. Diabolical

Diabolical Well-Known Member

14. benecios

15. Diabolical

It's supposed to be pretty generous space wise in the toebox, but it might not be long enough. I'm an 8.5 with medium weight socks in Alden Trubalance, Wolverine 1000 mile, Iron Rangers, and with thinner socks 8F in Church's Sahara Chukka, 9.5 in Nikes, 8.5 Alden Barrie and I went with an 8 for these.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  16. benecios

I've been after this boot for a long time. I take US 8 in Nike and US 7.5 in Yuketen and Red Wing, so I think a US 6 might be too much of a squeeze. With shipping etc it's prob not worth the risk.

17. Diabolical

Unfortunately, it probably won't be too small. A 7 would probably fit the best. That's too bad.

18. benecios

If the 8 doesn't work for you please get in touch.

19. Diabolical

Will do.

20. Mon Dieu