1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

That listing is hilarious:

"This is NOT the Cheaper Mallory that’s Out Today and is One of the Original Seasons so The Details are Only of the Best Quality of ALL The Mallory Jackets."

On top of that he proceeds to use the copy from Cabourn's site.

3. jonnyt

jonnyt Well-Known Member

4. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

Thought I would just post a photo of me having completed a 22 mile bike ride some of it in pouring rain ( Preston Guild Wheel in the North West of England) wearing :

NC AW12 oilcloth lined Surface Jacket
    Noble House replica Luftwaffe Channel pants ( inspired by Nigel's own originals that Drew wore for the AW13 photo shoots - see earlier posts on this thread for discussion if interested)
    NC x converse army plimsols

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. nigritude

nigritude Member

Looking dope

6. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

7. BLAUGRANA

Very nice piece. I have it in Navy in a 50, but sadly I'd need a 52. It definitely is more fitted than the Aircraft jacket. Really annoying too because if it were a 52 I'd already have worn it, not to mention the ridiculous deal I got on it.

8. Eric Gill Sans

I know, it's a real shame when you get hold of NC bargain piece and it just doesn't fit - my one piece is the Brady x Cabourn hunting jacket which I just couldn't get anywhere outside of Japan in a 46 so I compromised and bought the 48 in a sale and it's just too big - the shoulders look daft although I've hung it on a narrow hanger in the wardrobe which has helped drop the shoulders a little which is helping it look better but still haven't worn it out yet

9. BLAUGRANA

Yeah, one or two others. The rest are good, but with my fair share of hemming and hawing over size.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  10. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

I've got another Mallory Classic sizing question. One perhaps one for the taller gentleman, all of my Cabourn jumpers and coats are 52 or 54.
    I'm 6' 2" and slim build. I bought a classic Mallory from AW10 in a 52, it was in the grey and black tweed from Coggles,
    but sent it back because it was just a little bit too small in the length of the sleeve and the body, or so I felt.

So has any got this years Mallory in 52 / 54 ? If so what's the sizing like. I know there is a size guide on Cabourn.com but I'm still unsure.
    The 52 seems an identical match to an existing tweed jacket I have.

What say you ?

11. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

NC has been doing that Mainline pea coat for at least a few years now, but usually in navy and/or black. I've only ever seen it on Rakuten.

12. smartlew

smartlew Well-Known Member

Surface jacket looks great - keeping my eye out for a lined olive one, but no luck so far.

13. Eric Gill Sans

Yes really like the lined oilcloth surface jacket - I used to wear a Barbour waxed Commando for a lot of outdoorsy activities but I sold that when I got the Surface jacket - I just love the colour of the tan and the real leather details

I put in the post with the photo that it was from the AW12 collection but I think it was actually the SS12

I'm losing track of time and years, I've been collecting cabourn so long

Bought mine from Tres Bien when they used to do cabourn as they were the only ones to have it 46

14. smartlew

I'll probably end up with a barbour instead - it's starting to rain pretty much every day now so can't wait too much longer!

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

anyone know where i can find a 46 crazy mallory?

16. Eric Gill Sans

Yep

On the Cabourn web shop
    Both colours in 46

Also a couple of new items added - pea coat and the a tweed jacket

Also Corniche have a couple of new items - pea coat in an exclusive colourway

17. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

I think it's the Black Navy, would make sense since thats the other colour way and that there's a separate Crazy Mallory with the other two colours. I'd take a good look at the pictures though. The back looks like it is the same colour as the pocket on the front. I can't remember whether End or Unionmade had the clearest picture but it ruined it for me.

Cheers. Does anyone know why there seems to be so little Mainline pieces over here these days, even the Cabourn webshop doesn't stock it? My all time favourite Nigel Cabourn jacket that I own is mainline and I also have a couple of shirts.

I'm back home on holiday at the minute and I'm gonna be in Edinburgh tomorrow. Hopefully going to have time to drop by Corniche and check out the stock as I haven't seen anything in person this year. I'm secretly hoping that I don't like the Indigo Mallory as much as the pictures as it would mean I'd have to go to the trouble of selling my Navy one from last year.

18. Eric Gill Sans

A few really great Nigel Cabourn Authentic pieces have come up on eBay.co.uk (among the con men trying to sell Utility pieces as Authentic)

A couple of Navy Classic Ventile parkas in large sizes

Although it doesn't look much in the photos because it's dark, this really is a great and versitile piece with some great subtle details - inner belt with the Cold Weather Parka buckle, zipped rear pockets, wooden toggles for the hood. Because it's unlined it's great for layering up in Winter or Summer
    And of course large horn buttons to die for

Also for sale is a oiled lined surface jacket in a 48 which is a great jacket

I own both and can recommend both and expect them to fetch nothing close to their retail or sale value.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  19. smartlew

Cheers for the heads up Eric - do you know how the sizing on the surface jacket comes up? I'm 6'3" with a 40" chest, 19" across the shoulders - I'm not sure it'd be big enough, as I'd need space to layer underneath. Any help would be great!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  20. Eric Gill Sans

No sadly I think the 48 surface jacket will be too small for you

It will just be too tight around shoulders and chest

I think from gauging my 46 and trying on 48's these are right on size so a 50 or 52 with your height are the sizes to go for

Keep looking - how about the navy ventile parka?

It's so underrated but a piece that will get so much wear in lots of situations - I wear mine for business as a rain coat