1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Biggen

Biggen Well-Known Member

Wonder if any store in Europe will pick up this jacket? Regret passing on last seasons crazy Mallory and this might be an ok substitute.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some nice photos of the collection here http://www.alextelfer.com/nigel-cabourn-aw-14

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Well-Known Member

bit too busy that for me , Mallory is a very smart coat though ..

3. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Not seeing anything and my guess is you won't see one. I would think that the tweed lower is too "heavy" if you will for ventile. By that I mean the ventile isn't structured enough to have tweed as a lower. I feel like it just wouldn't work well as a combination.

4. Phil McCrackin

says Ventile on the label ..

5. Phil McCrackin

[​IMG]

6. Kuznetsov

Kuznetsov Well-Known Member

The description on ends site seems to contradict their own pictures with regards to this.

7. Phil McCrackin

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Haha. When I was going to post I was going to say it was Ventile because I have the Camo Aircraft from SS and it's the same pattern. I then went by the description on End.

9. Emixam

Emixam Well-Known Member

End description are not always accurate though, FW12 puffa jkt was described as using ventile which is wrong

10. EARSLIKEAHAWK

EARSLIKEAHAWK Member

All the AW13 cameraman jackets have Ventile on the upper, it is actually a heavier weight L27 Ventile that has been used. The mistake in descriptions as to having Mackintosh on the upper could be down to the fact that these jackets are still made in one of the Mackintosh factories or that they are just regurgitating old copy from the last winter cameraman.

11. Kuznetsov

Kuznetsov Well-Known Member

L27? I'm not familiar with that grade of ventile

12. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  13. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

Nick I've not tried both cameramen, but from my experiences with other ventile garments, the ventile version will almost certainly be much less clammy whilst not quite as wind resistant, and not quite as dry. Ventile is very water resistant when the fibers swell, but will transmit water eventually.

14. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

Exciting times - the new collection has just launched on the Cabourn website tonight

Some fantastic neckwear, medical shirts in 3 colours in all sizes, loads of Mallorys and matching vests in all colour ways and sizes

Wow wow wow wow

And the jeans - hot diggerty damn !!!!

15. Eric Gill Sans

Hands off the 46's everyone

Surely nobody can be as slim as me

Bought the Brady x Cabourn hunting jacket from AW12 in a size 48 thinking it cant be that huge as some shops call a 48 a small and it swamps me - I look like an undernourished lumberjack who's just borrowed a Grizzly Adams blanket cape

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I have an albam ventile, which was sold as waterproof and it gets clammy after a while, but I've bed had anything above that.

No one knows anything about the vest I posted?

17. Eric Gill Sans

Some weird and wonderful things happening on the Cabourn site

Just clicked on the 'Authentic' tab and The Peacoat appeared in all its glory (sadly for me only listed going down to a 48) and then it disappeared entirely.

Then clicked on 'collaborations' and three rather stupendous Eddie Bauer pieces appeared

The women's collection info has also been expanded

I'm guessing someone is being busy tonight sat at a computer uploading - the gas lights and candles will be burning long into the night at the Garden House tonight

18. IndependenceChi

IndependenceChi Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that our FW13 Nigel Cabourn just came through the shop today! We are carrying the Army & Stone Cameraman, Mallory Jacket in Army and Brown, and Vintage Orange Everest Parka.

We also have sizes left in last season's Navy Taped Ventile Aircraft Jacket at 50% off!

Please call us at 312.675.2105 or email at info@independence-chicago.com for pricing, pictures, questions, or any further information!

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

20. StayClean

StayClean Member

Hey everybody,

I'm currently auctioning several pieces from Nigel Cabourn's AW12 "Scott’s Polar Research Last Expedition - 1912".

Both the Photographer Jacket and Roll-neck sweater are issue number 001/100 and 001/300 of their respective styles.

If you're interested, check out my page: http://www.ebay.com/usr/stay-clean

Here are some shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

There are a total of 45 pieces from the last two seasons that are going up as soon as I get caught up with school. Most are sample sized (48/2) and have never been worn.

The next lot should be up by Sunday.

I'll keep you all posted if you'd like.

Best,
    Will