1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ffatt

ffatt Well-Known Member

^Ah ok. I think I meant to say Atkinson surgeon jacket, but looks like that is made by Panache as well. Can't find much info on Panache.

2. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Has anyone found that the sizing of Cabourn henleys (produced in collaboration with the excellent Merz B Schwanen) is, for lack of a better term, fucking mental?!

I own a few, the rugby shirt in a size 52 which is tight, and two henleys in 50 which are loose. How the hell are the 50s bigger than the 52s from the same factory?!

3. smartlew

smartlew Well-Known Member

I've nothing useful to offer, but the goldeny-yellow colour collab Henley was fantastic.

4. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, they're fantastic in terms of construction and fabric, which is why I own so many. But it's just bizarre how a bigger size can fit smaller, and the smaller size can fit bigger!

5. smartlew

smartlew Well-Known Member

Maybe they're constructed with reference to garments from different periods? So sizing would be accurate in relation to the original, but not consistent across styles?
    I'm pretty new to Cabourn stuff, but it doesn't seem like sizing inconsistencies are out of the ordinary... Frustrating for the customer though!

6. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Yes I think it is some stab at historical verisimilitude, as is the norm with Cabourn.

Yet I wish that the numbers on these garments actually signified something concrete and consistent; i.e. that a 50 represented a 40" chest, regardless of garment. Wishful thinking I guess…!

7. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

I have the golden yellow henley. It's the same size as other items I wear in Cabourn 48/50. And it fits boxy and short. I wear it to sleep now. Most expensive sleeping shirt I own. I also have a Polo Cabourn/Merz collab. Also fits boxy. Never wear it.

1 person likes this.
  8. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Christ, a sleeping shirt?! Decadent Sir!

9. mugatu

mugatu Well-Known Member

What's up with the sizing on the Nigel x Converse sneakers? Do they size identical to a regular all-star chuck Taylor? meaning I should size down 0.5?

10. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

I went TTS on my usual US size, but feet are obviously the hardest goddamn item to offer sizing advice on, so YMMV.

11. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Well-Known Member

I see USHOWU are opening a proper shop in Maastricht, Netherlands now. This is an interesting development, as they have consistently been one of the largest stockists of Cabourn (along with Corniche in Edinburgh, I'd think). Also have to give USHOWU a lot of credit for doing some incredible promo shots for their stuff. While I'm no fan of camo, this image for the AW13 Crazy Cameraman is incredible!

[​IMG]

12. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Great pic. UShowU stocks a lot of great brands and has solid customer service in my experience; good on 'em.

13. jonnyt

jonnyt Well-Known Member

I have the pumps and the bosey's in the same size as I wear in normal chucks (10.5UK)
    I also wear 10 or 10.5 in all my other shoes, so I would say you should go tts

14. mugatu

mugatu Well-Known Member

ok i got my regular chuck size (US 8,5) which is also my dress shoe size (alden etc)
    however my sneaker size is usually a US 9 / 9,5 (nike / new balance / converse purcell)
    anyways hope they fit :uhoh:

15. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

lol. Nah. It's a great comfortable shirt. Just doesn't fit good enough to wear out.

16. EARSLIKEAHAWK

EARSLIKEAHAWK Member

This is not a USHOWU promotional shot, this is an image from the AW13 Nigel Cabourn official lookbook.

17. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the lookbook?

18. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Well-Known Member

Ah, my mistake then. Would love to see the rest of the lookbook!

PS: Raw yellow sz 52 Cameraman still available. Noone?

19. kojiro

kojiro Well-Known Member

Hey guys, heads up- I'm selling a NC X Eddie Bauer Geddes jacket size 48 olive color version (brand new) and NC X Eddie Bauer Skyliner jacket, size 52 (although fits small, similar to Geddes size 48) in olive, also an orange Aircraft jacket beeswax version. All brand new, all unworn, PM me if you are interested (I'll sell them pretty cheap).

20. EARSLIKEAHAWK

EARSLIKEAHAWK Member

The lookbook release should be on the 27th, it will be on the Cabourn website, and on the Facebook page that will also be launched that day.