1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ferry

ferry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. nigritude

nigritude Member

3. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Anybody chime in on this seasons cricket oxford jacket? I'm guessing the fabric is pretty lightweight and soft? Size wise I'm a 46 camerman and 48 mallory (both FW). Wondering what size I would be.

Thanks

4. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

Nice review Shame it's too big on you and you have to sell. Looking at your eBay photos I think a 48 or even a 46 would have looked great

5. Eric Gill Sans

If you take a 48 Mallory, I would go with a 48 Cricket Oxford as they are quite fitted with a shorter sillouette.

6. Eric Gill Sans

Trying to pack light for a weeks trip to France

Just got to squeeze in the plimsolls

[​IMG]

7. smartlew

smartlew Well-Known Member

Can't comment on size compared with other cabourn jackets, but I found mine fine in my regular size (50). There are fit pics a few pages back. The fabric is light, though slightly heavier than my nicer oxford shirts (Beams) - just enough stiffness to be reassuring, and should soften with wear. I got the baby blue, but the light olive colour is great too!

8. Doberman

Doberman Well-Known Member

Hi Nixda,
    I received the denim jacket too, but it is the one from this season (SS13) and the collar seems different from the one in hte picture above. It is called the 'chest pocket work jacket' : https://www.cabourn.com/collections...-work-jacket&product=511e5a68e55d88b47e00001c
    The fit is kinda weird though. The shoulders are very dropped, it makes it look like i picked the wrong size. I took size 50. I am 5'11, 75kg, chest about 102cm
    I am tempted to return it and get the 48.
    Also, i was interested in the vest, would you mind posting a few pics of your fit with jacket+vest ?
    Did you have any trouble with the size ?
    Thx

9. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

I got the 50 in both and fit is perfect in my opinion. I'll post some pics in the next day or two if that's cool.

10. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

I got the 50 in both and fit is perfect in my opinion. I'll post some pics in the next day or two if that's cool.

11. Atomkun

Atomkun Well-Known Member

Newly acquired NC x Brady handy fishing bag from Rakuten.

The condition of the bag is too good to be true for that price

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  12. Syeknom

Syeknom Well-Known Member

13. Doberman

ok cool man, I appreciate it thx

14. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

Sorry for the crap iphone photo. I'm not wearing the vest under it, just a shirt.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  15. Doberman

Thx man nice fit ! Ok that jacket is not the same as I got, very different. The size fits you though. Mine is too big im returning it.
    Thank you

16. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

As you noted, the one that you have is a completely different jacket. It's defnitely not as tailored as the jacket that Nixda has. In fact you could go up a size in Nixda's jacket and stil be an inch more tailored in the chest than the one you have.

I actually like the jacket you have. I like them both and prefer Nixda's, but I still like the one you have. I'm tempted to get one myself, but I've bought enough Cabourn, again, this Summer.

17. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

No worries. Good luck.

18. ffatt

ffatt Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Does anybody know who makes the Mallory jacket for Nigel Cabourn. I believe there was a company in scotland that was mentioned. I can't seem to remember the name.

Thanks,
    Jay

19. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Well-Known Member

The tweed Mallory is made by a company called Panache in London, as far as I know. The Cameraman has been made by Mackintosh in Scotland, at least as long as they were made using Mackintosh fabric. Not sure if the change to Ventile has changed anything.

Mos of the Cabourn stuff is produced in a single factory in the Midlands, staffed by young Eastern European workers.