1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. jlcookmd

jlcookmd Active Member

Hi - does anyone have any ideas about the sizing on the NC suspender jeans at Barneys? Is the waist TTS? Thanks for any help.

2. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

Yeah. I couldn't believe my eyes. Had been there yesterday and didn't see it, although I was looking in the same section. Really lucked out. I like everything about it. Well actually except the extended collar but that easily folds away and is there when you need it.

Oh and I think 1200 sounds right. Except at Barney's it was probably 1700. They mark everything up.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

I'm hiding that link from my wife :)

Cheers - it's one of the few places where there's a wall of the right height to prop a camera :satisfied: (Shepherd Neame Brewery)

4. bensolujofin

bensolujofin Well-Known Member

My 48 fits perfectly so I'm reluctant to soak it in case it doesn't fit any more.. But I'm trying to break the tweed in a bit to get that softness, so far without success.. Any tips?

5. bensolujofin

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's beautifully made, I just couldn't walk around Tesco's in it.

Agreed that the Debenham is one of the nicer ones. I liked the surgeon jacket too.

6. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Well-Known Member

All I know is that I rang Superdenim Friday to ask about the waist sizes on both the 28 and 30 inch waist jeans

28 was coming out at 32 inches
    30 was coming out at 33.5 inches
    Didn't ask about the length
    Superdenim might post exact sizes on their website soon - they usually do a little time after they go live

7. Eric Gill Sans

My guess is if you are going to wash them - and or wear them with the suspenders all the time -go for your normal size.

If you are going to wear them 'dry' , not wash them and sometimes wear them without suspenders - maybe wear a size down. But it's only a guess based on my call to Superdenim

8. archer34

archer34 Member

Soak it in cold water? It wouldn't shrink I guess. But don't hold that to me. I'd gate for you to shrink and unable to wear it

9. Eric Gill Sans

From what I've read I definitely wouldn't soak it if it fits well

My only advice is to wear it. Tweed, unless it is specifically woven to be soft or light weight, is designed to be hardy, traditionally woven for outdoor pursuits in the rugged Scottish Highlands and Islands and wearing on country estates.

10. ManofKent

Wear will soften it a bit. Wearing it in the rain and keeping it on as it drys will help - you'll smell a bit though :)

11. bensolujofin

Thanks guys. Yes I guess I'll just have to be patient.
    And here is said Mallory sported with green fairisle:
    [​IMG]

You can see that the wool is still quite stiff..

12. ManofKent

Nice fair isle. You definitely don't want to risk shrinking that.

13. Eric Gill Sans

Mallory looks great - looks a great fit. I wouldn't worry about the firm handle of the tweed. Just wear it lots

14. nixda

nixda Well-Known Member

not sure if this was posted, but context has some crazy deals on cabourn...if you can find your size.

15. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Some great pics over the last few pages, it's making me regret not picking up a Mallory this year. I really liked the Dark Navy version but ended up grabbing the WW1 Great Coat instead. Apparently there will be an indigo version next year so I'll maybe grab one then.

On another note, and I see this was asked a page or two back as well, how do the 4 way roll necks fit? I'm generally a 52 in Cabourn due to my current tubbiness but I can't seem to find any available in that size, only 50's. Are they by any chance a little oversized and given that wool stretches, is there any chance I may be able to size down or am I clutching at straws?

16. ManofKent

I take it the Notch label jacket is as ridiculously slim fitting as Context suggest? :(

17. Eric Gill Sans

The Great coat is a fantastic piece - we need a photo

I am willing to stick my roll neck out and say that you will be fine with a 50 4 way roll neck - they are really roomy and there is lots of give in the wool knit. Plus I also think it will look great worn with a tighter fit.

18. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Anybody has tried this in person? Guessing one has to size up from mallory?

19. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Will put some up next weekend as I'm away with work all this week. Might have some on my phone from when I bought it, will have a look.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking about the 50. From what I gather it's quite a loose fit, so it may be ok. I'll think about it.

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Kind of surprised the Cameraman I'm selling is still around...