• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to be snarky or anything, but Marrkt says "maybe" size down.  I think it could go either way.  My concern is the thickness of the coat and then having on multiple layers (IE chunky sweater and woven shirt). 

Anyone here have a Geddes coat and a Cameraman?  Did you go same size?  Benecios, please post your thoughts when you get yours.  I'm a 43" chest and I feel like the 50 would be good for me, but the 48 could work too.  Just worried about the layering.

1. This is the only piece I've seen on marrkt with a comment "the jacket fits generous"
2. People here have posted that it fits larger than other NC outerwear, including owners like turunen

kojiro

Reaction score
As soon as I receive my Geddes I'll let you know how's the fit. I got a 48. But as gdl suggests, I am pretty sure it is oversized and didn't even consider going for a 50 (and I'm rather athletic with wide shoulders).

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As soon as I receive my Geddes I'll let you know how's the fit. I got a 48. But as gdl suggests, I am pretty sure it is oversized and didn't even consider going for a 50 (and I'm rather athletic with wide shoulders).

That'd be great. Thanks.

1. This is the only piece I've seen on marrkt with a comment "the jacket fits generous"
2. People here have posted that it fits larger than other NC outerwear, including owners like turunen

1 Me too. I was just pointing out they said "maybe" as I think it could go either way. They also say "maybe" if they're out of your size.
2 Again, I don't doubt that. Also, IIRC turunen took the same size in the Geddes as he did the Cameraman.

I tried to pull up the endclothing link, but it's no longer aviable. Ditto for Oi Polloi. Either way I trust Marrkt's sizing in terms of the measurements. I'm just not sure I should size down based on them and based on what I'd be wearing.

Last edited:

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The orange check vest is still in 50 and 52 available I think it is amazing. I cannot believe this is still for sale :)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably because it's fugly

jonnyt

Reaction score

That'd be great.  Thanks.

1  Me too.  I was just pointing out they said "maybe" as I think it could go either way.  They also say "maybe" if they're out of your size.
2  Again, I don't doubt that.  Also, IIRC turunen took the same size in the Geddes as he did the Cameraman.

I tried to pull up the endclothing link, but it's no longer aviable.  Ditto for Oi Polloi.  Either way I trust Marrkt's sizing in terms of the measurements.  I'm just not sure I should size down based on them and based on what I'd be wearing. 

So the Kara Koram fits me perfectly in size 50. Is the concensus that the Geddes fits a full size larger? I have mailed marrkt to see if they could send me a 48 rather than the 50 that I bought. If it's a full size larger than the other Cabourn/Bauer pieces and they are happy to switch my order I will go with the 48. If it's just a bit bigger, I may stick with the 50. From reading here, I'm leaning towards the 48 but ln-cc had a picture of a much skinnier model than me wearing the 48 which led me to the 50 in the first place.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how long they take to ship?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delivery

Shipping of the current event will begin on Wednesday 10th October.

UK orders will be delivered on a next day service whilst international orders take between 3-5 days to arrive. Our shipping partners are FedEx , DHL and TNT.

gnu

Reaction score
I'm not sure what I actually ordered. I picked up that tan hunting jacket that popped up for a second in my size. But when I checked around different websites to bask in my new purchase I found two different versions of the jacket. One was a tan tweed, the other was the tan canvas. I'm pretty sure I could see the fox brothers logo on the jacket when I bought it, but I cant go back and look at the actual thing I bought. The only other place I have seen the tan fox brothers tweed one was on the nigel cabourn blog. Anyone know if it was the tweed or the canvas that was on marrkt?

Either way I'll be happy, got a killer deal.

As an aside, did the black raw tweed hunting jacket ever pop up on marrkt? I missed the very start of the sale because I thought it would start at 7 my time and it ended up starting an hour earlier. If anyone has one, I know someone who would really like to take that off your hands in a 48 if you are willing to part with it.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure what I actually ordered. I picked up that tan hunting jacket that popped up for a second in my size. But when I checked around different websites to bask in my new purchase I found two different versions of the jacket. One was a tan tweed, the other was the tan canvas. I'm pretty sure I could see the fox brothers logo on the jacket when I bought it, but I cant go back and look at the actual thing I bought. The only other place I have seen the tan fox brothers tweed one was on the nigel cabourn blog. Anyone know if it was the tweed or the canvas that was on marrkt?
Either way I'll be happy, got a killer deal.

As an aside, did the black raw tweed hunting jacket ever pop up on marrkt? I missed the very start of the sale because I thought it would start at 7 my time and it ended up starting an hour earlier. If anyone has one, I know someone who would really like to take that off your hands in a 48 if you are willing to part with it.

Don't recall seeing the hunting jacket.

Reality

Reaction score

Hello all,

It does come up on the larger side. All my Cabourn items (jumpers, jackets) are in a 48 and the 48 seems a little oversized. I tried it with a shawl collar cardigan and/or a sweatshirt underneath and I could still have enough room to put another layer on (which I would not do). I have an Everest parka in a 48 from a few years back and that is comfortable but the Geddes in a 48 is much more roomy than that.

This was a military flight parka that pilots wore in WW2 so they were worn over sized. Depends on the look you are after.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads