• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

melquiad

Reaction score
And now for something a little different...

Those are fantastic! Can you tell us about the specs?
Is that brown waxed flesh? I was looking at the custom options both in the Nicks website as well as through Baker's and didn't see that leather, so I'm assuming it's the "chocolate smooth"?

melquiad

Reaction score
Hi there, they are indeed brown waxed flesh - specs below for you and @FrankCowperwood

- 6" Bowhunter (64B)
- Lace to toe
- Brown waxed flesh
- Close trim
- Vibram 2060

Can't wait to see how these feel after 6 months!

Thanks qubit! I assume the order was placed not online, but by phone or email? I can't find the option for waxed flesh anywhere.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
These were ordered via Bakers - always worth calling or emailing them with your desired build as the options on theirs or Nicks' site is not the full story :)

Qubit, how long was your wait?

I have a pair of Brown Waxed flesh on order through Bakers. Looking forward to them.

Royteane

Reaction score
Wow, you are lucky one. Mine is over20 weeks now and still waiting. May be myfirst and last Nicks.

offrd63fj40

Reaction score
Wow, you are lucky one. Mine is over20 weeks now and still waiting. May be myfirst and last Nicks.

This is the time of year to order. I just sent an order in, last year at this time took around 12 weeks too.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Pretty much exactly 12 weeks from order placement to shipping confirmation. Well worth the wait I think!

K thanks.

7 weeks down for me.

daveinsweethome

Reaction score
north coast I ordered a pair of brown horsehide 3 days after you. Christmas maybe? soothed my itch with a pair of stock Roberts. man they are a perfect fit right off their shelf. got them in 3 days

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice pics showing up on Nick's Instragram, ahead of the new website apparently...

Whirling

Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting a pair of Nick's from Zuriick. I ordered the 6" William model in Burgundy. I will be interested to see how it compares to my White's, in terms of quality, size, style. I wish I were more patient. I can't imagine how tough it would be to wait 20 weeks for a pair.

Regards,
Jon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads