1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nick on shoe...repairable?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Connemara, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

This (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1) looked like a great deal for a pair of NIB Fairfaxes, until I saw the nick on one of the shoe's toes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My question is, can it be repaired? If so, would it be expensive? I've only dealt with scuffs before; those are resolved with some buffing, but this is a bit more serious.

2. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

You should know not to post the actual link to the sale! [​IMG]

To be fair, that gouge is pretty obvious, much more than just a normal scratch. I think you'll still be able to see it, even after polishing and all that. One of the better cobblers could probably do some sort of filling, but is that worth it? If they're worth $54 to you in the damaged state, do it.