• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice Shoes, Bad Baseball - Styleforum Baltimore baseball game meetup

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've mentioned this a few times and there's been generally positive response, so I thought I'd go ahead and take the bull by the horns on this. Let's do a DC/Baltimore meetup at an O's game later this month.

Looking at the schedule, the O's have just one real homestand left this month - So I'll float 3 possible dates in the middle of that stand and we'll see which is most popular:

Tuesday, July 20 @ 7:05pm vs. Tampa Bay
Thursday, July 22 @ 7:05pm vs. Minnesota
Friday, July 23 @ 7:05pm vs. Minnesota

(The Wednesday game is an afternoon affair, so I ruled it out.)

I figure we can meet up somewhere about an hour before game time for a drink and then settle into a block of seats in the bleachers. If there's enough interest maybe we can even get a group sale thing going on and get Styleforum.net up on the scoreboard for a truly gay photo-op. If we get rained out, so much the better, and we can just booze it up somewhere downtown.

Who's interested, and on what day?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I can make Tuesday or Thursday. Will we be wearing paper bags on our heads?

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in a Tue/Thurs...but I'll only come if everyone wears SF approved apparel...
bigstar[1].gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be in a bespoke brown paper bag with plenty of drape.

In all seriousness, I'll dress nicely and all but if it's 100 degrees out I'm leaving the sportcoat at home.

JohnGalt, would you brave one of the other games that week as well?

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I'll be in a bespoke brown paper bag with plenty of drape.

In all seriousness, I'll dress nicely and all but if it's 100 degrees out I'm leaving the sportcoat at home.

JohnGalt, would you brave one of the other games that week as well?

sitting through the pathetic O's game more than once a year...that's tough...gonna need a lot of alcohol...
And if it's 100+ like it's been, I think dressing nicely is overrated...

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am probably in assuming I am not still soul-crushingly broke.

Jeff - you can take the marc train for like 8 bucks and it stops literally next to the stadium.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
scratch that - I actually have tix for saturday's game (your dates threw me off in the OP - Saturday is the 24th).

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, as JohnGalt indicated, I had the dates wrong in the OP. Now corrected.

Sounds like Tuesday and Thursday are emerging as early favorites. Jeff, get your weak DC ass up here.

I predict the affirmative responses will start flying in now that Edmorel is a definite no-show.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would be tough for me to make it to another game. you all should just go on sat!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so ****, I figured out what I was wearing before I posted.
bigstar[1].gif

I can only take Vox's silence on this thread to mean that he will indeed be attending.
laugh.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, I'll do the 23rd if Magician shows and people guarantee that sometime during the night we will stop at the Hustler Club.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Ok, I'll do the 23rd if Magician shows and people guarantee that sometime during the night we will stop at the Hustler Club.

I have free passes to the Hustler club.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads