1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

nice collective fall 06

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by poly800rock, Sep 12, 2006.

1. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

2. colin_

colin_ Well-Known Member

I tried on the hooded henley in a different color.. I really liked it but it was like $120.

3. minya

minya Well-Known Member

Who the hell is that guy?

4. digital_denim

digital_denim Well-Known Member

That lightning symbol looks familiar....does hysteric glamour use it? The military shirt I bought from Darkanimal has that similar symbol also.

5. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

Nice Collective. so overrated and overpriced.

-Jeff

6. lifersfc

lifersfc Well-Known Member

now you too can look like a drug addict with lightning patches sewn on his hoodie....

7. nomovement

nomovement Well-Known Member

last year I was really disappointed that I couldn't get Nice...oh how times have changed.

8. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

I want to sew that guy's hood shut so I don't have to see his idiotic expression.

Also, what happened to good posture(oh god...I sound like my father)??

I like his shoes though, and it is a kinda bad-ass tat.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I used to be a fan of Nice Collective, way back when they were hawking their stuff on fabric8.com (check it out, btw. Some real duds, but they have an eye for emerging talent as well. Oliver Helden has some old, old stuff still there, I believe). Then, the DIYed military surplus designs were a little subtler, and they weren't so into the raw edges and appliques as they are now, and the construction quality was just much higher. Their cuts are still good, I'll give you that. But over the past few years, I've noticed that everything else has gone downhill, to the point that now I see it as a brand that figures strongly into the uniforum of the hipster American Jackass.

Tight jersey to show off the pecs - check.
    Raw edges to show edginess - check.
    Appliques of lightning, owls (last F/W) and nonsensical serial numbers to show how DIY you are - check.

BTW, there has been some wierd controversy about what an AmJack is. I say it's all about the obnoxious attitude coupled with a lack of knowledge or imagination. Yes, a lot of them (the fratboy types) seem to dress alike, but hey, there are also Wall Street AmJacks in Brioni suits and Hermes ties that they don't appreciate, and dudes in Nice Collective.

10. denimaddict

denimaddict Well-Known Member

They ended for me when I found out I could get a W+H hoodie for cheaper than theirs...

11. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

last year I was really disappointed that I couldn't get Nice...oh how times have changed.

same here until i actually saw their stuff at a Barney's Co-op in Atlanta.

-Jeff

12. LA Guy

They ended for me when I found out I could get a W+H hoodie for cheaper than theirs...

And if you want a similar look, N.S.F. and Uppercut do better for less than Nice Collective does these days.

13. denimaddict

denimaddict Well-Known Member

I will check them out^^^

14. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

That lightning symbol looks familiar....does hysteric glamour use it? The military shirt I bought from Darkanimal has that similar symbol also.
    Are you thinking of the Schutzstaffel symbol? [​IMG]

15. implicit

implicit Member

wow. i don't think i like any of that.

16. nomovement

nomovement Well-Known Member

this is juicy couture right?

17. mainy

mainy Well-Known Member

Hahahhahahaha

The coats are very reminiscent of a rackful of ones I saw at Nordstrom the other week, and the t-shirts look like every other vintage T on the market. The hoodie is somewhat intriguing, but at NC prices definitely not enough so to warrant a purchase.

The pants are decent. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

18. Ott

Ott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I still like their outerwear.

19. LA Guy

Incidentally, Juicy has been stepping up their line a fair bit. Some of their hoodies, outerwear, and sportsjackets are pretty decent, and targetted towards say, the Barney's Co-op shopper - on the same level, I would say, as some Rogues Gallery stuff, and better quality than Nice Collective, from what I've seen. It would be sort of cool to see a Juicy piece in Odin or HTC or something. Something nice, of course, not the same stuff a Nordstrom buyer would pick out. Would sort of show a cool attitude, imo.

20. colin_

colin_ Well-Known Member

true. I actually liked the "guerilla cargo" parka I tried on at a bloomingdales.