1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by sonick, Apr 8, 2007.

1. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

^ Oof. Buffalo fell pretty flat, on the verge of being swept I'm afraid.

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

An Ottawa - Anaheim Stanley cup might be measured using the new nano-ratings technology.

3. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

^ Sad, but true.

I'm just cheesed off because after all the years I took Ottawa players in the playoff pools when they flamed out, this year when I avoid them they are going to the cup [​IMG]

Still, anything that pisses off Leaf fans is OK in my book, and Senator success is very high on the list of things Leaf fans like least! [​IMG]

Go Sens!!

4. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

If Ottawa manages to sweep the Sabres, I'll admit that I'd be pretty impressed.

5. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

anything that pisses off Leaf fans is OK in my book [​IMG]

Just about every Canadian hockey fan outside of Toronto would agree with this [​IMG]

6. adversity04

adversity04 Well-Known Member

I'm not since we haven't really been playing. We look like we're in peewee

7. Countertenor

Countertenor Well-Known Member

Na na na na na na na nana Na na na na nana Gettin jiggy wit it (repeat 3x) Bye, Giguère! Go Wings! 4-0

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

I'm regretting my decision not to get cable right now. I wish I could see the wings play. At least if they make it to the finals it'll be online via hockey night in canada. As a canadian I should be going for ottawa, but I've been a wings fan since the toronto series in '93.

9. adversity04

adversity04 Well-Known Member

GAH I just don't even know what to think. Oh well, the curse had to hit.

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Thank god. Buffalo is the last team I'd want to see in the finals.

11. Film Noir Buff

Go Wings!

I like that the Ottowa/Sabres game was on yesterday, Satuday, at about 2pm. The NHL has got to be kidding. No wonder their ratings are terrible.

The Wings will save this Cup final from being unwatched.

12. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

The Wings (if they can run the Ducks) may be why anybody will watch, but my money is on Ottawa.

Wouldn't an Ottawa Stanley Cup just drive Toronto fans crazy! [​IMG]

13. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Well-Known Member

Detroit is in trouble. Wow, crazy end to regulation. Anyways, I doubt many in the LA area will even know Anaheim is in the Final if they make it.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Blah. Fucking selanne.

15. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Ducks vs Senators

Quite the effort by Detroit in the 3rd period.

16. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Well-Known Member

Ducks vs Senators

Quite the effort by Detroit in the 3rd period.

I don't know why Babcock waited so long to pull Hasek. They should have pulled him with at least a minute to go in the penalty, not the 15 seconds or whatever was left. Anaheim tried their best in the 3rd to lose the game, but they squeeked it out.

The ratings for this Cup will be horrible.

17. Film Noir Buff

I still don't believe the Wings lost. They went down like men, but they went. They got some bad breaks too.

I wonder how many people even know where Ottawa or Anaheim are?

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I wonder how many people even know where Ottawa or Anaheim are?

Well, I cheered for the Ducks during the Cinderella run they had a few years ago, but I am really hoping that the Sens take it this year. It's about time that a Canadian team took back the legacy. I'm actually a Toronto fan, but at this point, I would like any Canadian team to win. We've already had a heartbreaker series (how did the Flames choke so badly [​IMG]) where we nearly took it back. Hopefully this year everything will fall into place.

I think that the ratings will be okay. Every Canadian I know (and that is a large market) is watching for Ottawa to take this. People in Southern California... generally couldn't care less that their home team is in the finals.

19. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

Well, I cheered for the Ducks during the Cinderella run they had a few years ago, but I am really hoping that the Sens take it this year. It's about time that a Canadian team took back the legacy. I'm actually a Toronto fan, but at this point, I would like any Canadian team to win. We've already had a heartbreaker series (how did the Flames choke so badly [​IMG]) where we nearly took it back. Hopefully this year everything will fall into place.

I think that the ratings will be okay. Every Canadian I know (and that is a large market) is watching for Ottawa to take this. People in Southern California... generally couldn't care less that their home team is in the finals.

I don't know about that -- I hear a lot on local talk radio about how people in Toronto don't care about the final, and that Torontonians are Leaf fans, not hockey fans. Today's Globe also carries an article about how a lot of print media are not bothering to cover the series, especially in the US.

I for one would like to see the Sens close the deal.

Off topic, but what about Balsillie buying the Preds? The smart money has him moving the team to Kitchener-Waterloo because it is beyond the "boundaries" of the Sabres and Leafs. I know it is a long shot, but I really think the best thing that could possibly happen would be for them to flip the bird to the Leafs and set up shop right in the GTA. I realize they would have to pay a massive rights fee, but boy, would that put a fright into the alternately comatose/arrogant MLSE!

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I don't know about that -- I hear a lot on local talk radio about how people in Toronto don't care about the final, and that Torontonians are Leaf fans, not hockey fans. Today's Globe also carries an article about how a lot of print media are not bothering to cover the series, especially in the US.

I for one would like to see the Sens close the deal.

Off topic, but what about Balsillie buying the Preds? The smart money has him moving the team to Kitchener-Waterloo because it is beyond the "boundaries" of the Sabres and Leafs. I know it is a long shot, but I really think the best thing that could possibly happen would be for them to flip the bird to the Leafs and set up shop right in the GTA. I realize they would have to pay a massive rights fee, but boy, would that put a fright into the alternately comatose/arrogant MLSE!

I dunno about the Globe. Torontonians are always bitching about something. They are the Bostonians of the North [​IMG]

A team in Kitchener-Waterloo would be great. Sort of like the Rangers/Islanders rivalry. And Kitchener-Waterloo is not very far from TO at all.