1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by sonick, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

haha Calgary got destroyed today. The only thing I like more than an Edmonton victory is a Calgary defeat. [​IMG]

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

I would say that a post season 2-0 Rangers is the beginning of an apocalyptic sign and if they were to move onto the next round I suggest we all chip in to get a place on high ground...or buy an arc.

3. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!! Took about 5 periods to crack the Dallas defense and Turco, but Canucks finally managed to score on him after 5 scoreless periods, take it to OT, and win it again! Thankfully it was won in the 1st OT.

4. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!! Took about 5 periods to crack the Dallas defense and Turco, but Canucks finally managed to score on him after 5 scoreless periods, take it to OT, and win it again! Thankfully it was won in the 1st OT.

I listened to the game on the radio. I wish I could have seen it. I'm jumping on the Canuck bandwagon for the playoffs [​IMG]

5. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

Ottawa is taking it home this year. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Where is that "fingers crossed" emoticon?

6. Film Noir Buff

Ottawa didn't fall flat yesterday as much as Pittsburgh played superlatively. Staal dumped in a nice one; I can't believe he and Crosby are mere teenagers.

Buffalo dumped a game on a flatfooted performance, proving you still have to show up to win playoff games.

The Icelanders did the right thing in resppnse for game 3 by coming out and swatting the puck like maniacs. Watching their goalie get zinged in the head was priceless. But when you are on the attack that much in the first period and dont score, that's going to come back and haunt you.

DiPietro while not the most amazing goalie out there is definitely a huge morale booster for this team. The Isles played better (Although Yashin looked like crap) last night even in their loss. That late third period 2 man down penalty didnt help matters.

7. Film Noir Buff

Im telling you guys, better ask out that hot chick youve been dreaming about recently, a 7-0 Rangers playoff win and their being on the cusp of actually winning a playoff series does not bode well for Earth's future.

8. Film Noir Buff

Buffalo is looking good. Of course I don't care for the Islanders but still...

Hopefully Tampa will finish off those pesky Devils.

9. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

Im telling you guys, better ask out that hot chick youve been dreaming about recently, a 7-0 Rangers playoff win and their being on the cusp of actually winning a playoff series does not bode well for Earth's future.

As long as they keep winning and I get to collect my Pool winnings, that's cool ... [​IMG]

10. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

man, was watching the Devils/Lightning game... The east can't forecheck/play defense for shit compared to the west [​IMG]

11. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Sonick, what are you talking about man! I think the east and the west stack up pretty evenly against each other.

12. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Well from the handful of Eastern games I've seen this season and reading online, I do see that in general, the East is much more offense-oriented whereas the West is more defense-focused. Eastern games seem (from what I've seen) to have more on-the-rush plays and time in the offensive zone, where the West has more forechecking, battling along the boards for pucks, and neutral-zone pressure. Also, I remembered reading that the record for this season of Western teams Vs. East showed the West with a significant number more wins that the East. Wow, Rangers swept the Thrashers. Perhaps a repeat of the '94 Stanley Cup Finals? Except with the Canucks winning, of course [​IMG]

13. Film Noir Buff

As long as they keep winning and I get to collect my Pool winnings, that's cool ... [​IMG]

OMG, a Rangers playoff series sweep? Someone better check the heavens for another nemesis star.

Solid win. Lunquist is good. Shanahan and Jagr are money.

I really hope the Devils don't win, I don't want to face the Sabres.

14. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

W Eastern games seem (from what I've seen) to have more on-the-rush plays and time in the offensive zone, where the West has more forechecking, battling along the boards for pucks, and neutral-zone pressure. Also, I remembered reading that the record for this season of Western teams Vs. East showed the West with a significant number more wins that the East.
    I definitely agree with your first point [​IMG] It's has been my impression that in the West there are a few elite teams (those that are in the playoffs) that really distanced themselves from the other teams in the conferance. Basically, the good teams racked up wins against the less than stellar clubs in the conferance. However, in the East, the teams are much closer in competition to eachother. There were several teams in contention for the eight playoff spot in the last 2-3 weeks of the regular season, unlike the West, where the playoff teams had been pretty much decided. Therefor, teams in the East don't always rack up their wins because they are playing against more even teams. Just my theory I guess, but I think the top teams in both conferances stack up pretty evenly.

15. adversity04

adversity04 Well-Known Member

It depends on the teams that are playing.....I know that everyone I've talked to in the area is praying Tampa beats the Devils just so there isn't a possibility that Buffalo will play them. A series vs. Jersey would be beyond boring because of the heavy trap play and Brodeur's goal tending abilities.

Hoping the curse doesn't hit this year......Go Sabres!

16. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

The flames were a bunch of classless goons near the end of last night's game. Dissapointing to see.

Anyways, I really hope Vancouver can find some offense for the next game. They are making Turco look like he's Luongo or something...

17. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

It depends on the teams that are playing.....I know that everyone I've talked to in the area is praying Tampa beats the Devils just so there isn't a possibility that Buffalo will play them. A series vs. Jersey would be beyond boring because of the heavy trap play and Brodeur's goal tending abilities.

Hoping the curse doesn't hit this year......Go Sabres!

Not looking very likely that Tampa is going to beat Jersey.

Go [​IMG]

18. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Sabres win 5-2. Let's go Buffalo!

19. eg1

eg1 Well-Known Member

Sabres win 5-2. Let's go Buffalo!

Ack! There goes the neigbourhood ...

20. adversity04

adversity04 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which felt better, the actual win or it making me forget I go to RIT [​IMG]

The rangers need to watch their penalties for the rest of the series. Sure, Buffalo has a horrible power play, but given 8 chances we were bound to score. The refs were managing to break things up fairly early, but I can foresee a fight or twenty in the upcoming games. Looking for another Banana Slug win!