1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Well-Known Member

Guys were suspended for way less than Malone. The only message Shanny sent with that decision was that the "Wheel of Justice" might be back.

2. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

I like the call that Shanny and his people had on Malone. The explanation he gave was clear in that the play changed at the last possible moment causing Malone to have contact with the head. Good call by them.

3. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

4. Lord-Barrington

5. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

is that pat tillman on there? classy. i like the digital camo theme but if you're gonna go with famous dead army ranger + camo then i dunno what those random other dudes are doing in there. overall looks like a mess but he had a good thing going there.

ha, seriously. unclaimed, too... i heard his agent talking about how he would be good for a team that lacks grit. i honestly cant speak about the guy that much since i dont know about him outside of his shenanigans but im pretty sure there's better ways to get grit than to bring avery into the fold. i think i posted something about avery fading into obscurity at some point this season... looks like it just happened.

maybe he can make friends with wade :laugh:

also, last day before the regular season. my girlfriend is quite upset.

edit: hurr read about it on nhl.com and i guess they all have to do with tillman.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

i like cherry, but god damn was that coaches corner infuriating. he challenges shanny with how he would suspend scott stevens who was such an "awesome player and awesome hitter," and then he shows a montage of lindros and kariya amongst others getting brutally headshotted and knocked out by stevens after their skulls bounce off the fucking ice.

ugh. again. love the guy but he is really stuck in the past. thats the whole fucking point of this shit. it wasnt stigmatized before and it is now because people are speaking out about it after their brains turn into scrambled eggs. yeah stevens was a badass hockey player but seriously? lindros AND kariya had to retire from concussion-related stuff and he has the fucking gall to show clips of those guys getting their bells rung and then using that to complain about the state of the game?

fucking ridiculous.

7. Lord-Barrington

FUCK. SCOTT. STEVENS.

If he played today he wold be suspended 90% of the time for his ridiculous headshots, and rightfully so. That guy was a disgrace and the fact that he's lionized by people like Cherry makes me sick.

8. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

+1 I'm so glad I don't have to see Don Cherry's ugly mug on TV.

On another note, Jagr is looking amazing on the Flyers.:slayer:

9. Lord-Barrington

Hahaha! Jagr is tearing it up. I was wondering how he would look out there but he's been good.

10. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

reimer :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

dislike the leafs, love reimer. good-natured kid, down to earth, humble, thankful for what he has, works hard, goes to church on sunday. pro athletes take note: you need not be raging egotistical douchebags, you can be a genuine nice guy and still do well for yourself. god i fucking love that guy. i hope he doesn't shit the bed this season, and not for toronto's sake.

11. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

I have a preference for Scrivens.

12. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

OMG... Flyers won... so this is how it feels like to have a real goalie :inlove:

13. Lord-Barrington

You're too young to remember Ron Hextall?

14. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Ok I think it's official, Lord Barrington should be watching fucking Ringette. Seriously do you just want to get rid of big hits entirely? Christ.

Post your pool team... 20 teams in our draft, snake format, I picked 4th overall so here are my picks.

Overall Pick # / Player

4. Daniel Sedin (obvious pick)

37. Claude Giroux (pretty happy to get him this late)

44. Alex Semin (sniped by the guy in front of me, wanted Heater but Semin is fine)

77. David Backes

84. Andrew Ladd (someone has to score for the Jets and now I have a reason to cheer for them)

117. Devin Setoguchi (since I got sniped on Heatley this is the consolation)

124. T.J. Oshie (have a good feeling, breakout time)

157. Tomas Fleischmann (expect him to get good minutes / pp time after signing for so much $)

164. Tim Connnolly (held my nose, risk/reward based on injury and hey look he's already out of commission)

197. Magnus Paajarvi (only need 40 points, but he has a strong upside)

15. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

I remember him in the mid-90's but at that point he started to rotate with Garth Snow.

16. Lord-Barrington

Shut up, moron. You're just another pretender who has never played a second of hockey that calls those who have pussies because they don't like seeing guys get decapitated at center ice. Stevens was one of the worst in history and his greatest 'hits' were some of the most vicious headshots the game has ever seen. Others in this thread obviously agree, and I'm pretty sure they actually HAVE played the game, not just watched it in their mom's basement in Surrey.

PS: Your fantasy picks suck.

17. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

I had two live drafts with 12 teams each... I think I made out pretty well.

[​IMG]

18. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Doing a pool on saturday with an interesting format. There's no draft but instead players are auctioned off. Everyone has a budget of $100 and we each take turns picking a player to be auctioned.

I won last year...Expecting to repeat. :slayer:

19. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Well-Known Member

Hextall was an absolute legend. I like when goaltenders have vicious tempers.

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Hahaha man, you get worked up easy. Oooooh... "shut up, moron". You even suck at trash talk. Wondering if you have any use in the world besides whining. Postal employee?

I used to play hockey, haven't played anything besides pickup in years, but you're just a tool. I mean look at you bitching and moaning through two seasons of hockey threads about any and every hit. Suspend everyone! Suspend everyone! Typical French Canadian hockey fan, can't back his shit up, willing to bet you're a turtler.

And if people agree with you that Stevens is anything but a hall of famer they can get bent. Different eras, different standards.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011