1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Aug 1, 2011.

1. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

was a fun game to watch. A tad stressful in that third with all of that Philly possession, but they weren't able to generate many chances.

2. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

another goalie who has turned his shit around is mike smith; unreal performance last night. he couldn't even hold down a starter's job in tampa last year so its nice to see him do well.

how about leafs/sabres... as much as im a leaf hater, that tying 5th goal was horseshit. 6 seconds to jam at an invisible puck in a scrum

3. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

I hate them, but hats off to the NYR, They swept and raped us the entire season. Hopefully, the Flyers can get home ice against the Pens in these last two games.

4. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Sadly, the Flyers would never get past Boston and the NYR. :cloud:

5. gomestar

I thought NY Mag summed that up nicely.

1 person likes this.
  6. gomestar

A Flyers/Pens series has the potential to be brutal/awesome

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Oh God yeah.

8. NewYorkIslander

And more fuel to the fire:
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392211

They're right. It's pretty common knowledge about Malkin, but Crosby's shit gets overlooked because he's Crosby. In 2008, when the Rangers and Pens squared off in the playoffs, Crosby was the center of attention for his diving antics. I went to game three with a sign that read:
    "Only Mrs Crosby Goes Down Easier, Why Else Would He Be The Media's Darling". Someone from the NHL came over to me and I thought he was going to ask me to put the sign away (I was in the lower bowl), but he just chuckled and said, 'Nice sign!'

9. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

how about milbury's take on the situation? he is such a god damned fucking piece of shit it makes my head hurt; the fact that he's employed in any capacity that allows the general public to even know who he is is god damned infuriating.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

No they're not. There are plenty of dirtier players on the penguins. Laviolette wasn't complaining about Crosby and Malkin being out there. Cooke, for one, does not get a pass just on the basis of this year.

11. NewYorkIslander

They're talking about Cooke for the Lady Bing...as far as Crosby, hes a sneaky dirty, a "punk" as MM called him (while I'm not a fan of him calling for guys to "hit him", it is part of the game. Malkin is a dirty fuck. He is always slew footing, initiating contact on guys without the puck when he sees they're not expecting it. Cooke aside, who do you think is dirty on the Pens? I think most of them play stand-up hockey, Crosby is a "hit and run" type player imo.

12. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

I would love to see Flyers-Pens. I am just hoping the Flyers don't tank the last two games (and the Devils win their last 2) to get the Panthers/Caps.

13. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

suprise upset predictions? im calling for vancouver to get bounced, even though i sincerely hope they don't. flames fan and everything, last year was a soul-shattering moment for that organization and i hope they can make it up. with that being said, i think the WCF will be nashville/stl.

14. NewYorkIslander

This years playoffs may be the hardest ever to predict. I can see anyone beating anyone else in the top 8 in each conference with the exception of maybe the capital teams (Ott and Wash) in the East and Phoenix in the West. We should post predictions for your brackets once the seeds are all finalized.

15. gomestar

dear Penguins play-by-play guy,

Your schtick on how Crosby is on pace for 130 points is really lame.

16. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

That's about par for the course for Staggy and Errey. Those guys latch on to one completely idiotic tidbit and run with it for the entire game.

17. gomestar

no kidding.

bummer that Buffalo was booted from the playoffs tonight, but I'd be happy with a NYR/Caps first round.

And Pens/Flyers, of course.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  18. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Fuck. If Michael Neuvirth is injured and we are stuck with Braden Holtby and Dany Sabourin in goal for the Caps we might as well just forfeit. :(

19. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

i thought holtby was good (but young)? what happened to vokoun?

and i really hope stamkos gets 60 :slayer:

20. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Vokoun out rest of the regular season at least with a groin injury. Neuvirth had whatl ooked to be an MCL injury tonight. Holtby isn't good enough yet. He has some good games and some shitty ones.