1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by phreak, Jun 30, 2011.

1. phreak

phreak Well-Known Member

^^ Still one of my favorite players to watch.

I really hope Miami can land Orton. If so they are have a legit shot at 9-10 wins.

Kolb deal better be incentive heavy otherwise that is probably too much imo. That contract is top 15qb money and idk if he's there. Sucks Breaston got away from Arizona but I can't blame him for heading to KC. Bowe, Baldwin, DMc, Charles, Breason in the slot, and apparently they have a good TE; too bad about Cassel though:p

Are we waiting on Nnamdi to set the market? Seems the defensive backs have bottle-necked for whatever reason. Fingers crossed for the Texans to grab Nnamdi and a safety!!

Also, I love how the Redskins are heavily involved (again) in FA yet nobody gives a shit. They will never learn...

2. cross22

cross22 Well-Known Member

Ochocinco to Pats.

3. BlacKidLA

BlacKidLA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

Wow, Iggles...just....wow, what a secondary.

5. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

Damn it Nnamdi. Too bad he went to a city full of scumbag fans.

In other news, Cam Newton just signed a 4 year, $22 million contract, all guaranteed. I got to say so far, I'm liking this new rookie wage scale.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

I still think The Pack is the team to beat in the NFC. They won the Super Bowl without their starting RB and starting TE.

7. vaalbara

vaalbara Well-Known Member

Came back tonight and saw this. Hot damn! I still don't think we're winning a Bowl this year (or ever), but at least we can make any team that plays us miserable!

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Might as well sign TO also to see how much they can really be hated.

9. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

I swear to God, the Pats have some sort of Voodoo going, it's the only way to explain how they can turn a couple of late round picks in like 2013 into two former pro bowlers, one of whom is only a year away from being the cream of the free agency crop and who could well be as good as ever.
    Why don't my 'niners ever make trades like these?

10. Ambulance Chaser

If you're talking about Fat Albert, he's going to wear out Belichick's patience by the middle of the season and be out the door. I think the Redskins got the better of that deal.

11. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Maybe, or more likely he'll loose twenty pounds and they'll get three more prow bowl seasons out of him. Fucking Pats.

12. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Worth risking a 5th round draft pick IMO. If he drops 50 lbs (i.e. gets down to 330), he dominates.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  13. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Oh, Haynesworth...:rolleyes:

14. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

LOL, Plaxico to the Jets

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

except redskins are paying most of his contract and all the pats are on the hook for is five mil. So either they work their magic on him and they have a great defense or they're on the hook for practically nothing.

Just sad moss retired. I'm a fran. Really wanted him to get a ring

16. Ambulance Chaser

No way is Randy Moss going to stay retired. I bet Michael Vick is paying him a visit as we speak.

17. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Randy Moss was one of the most fun players to watch in NFL history. If he is really hanging up his cleats, then he will be missed. Most talent of any WR that's ever played, save perhaps JR.

18. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

It may be blasphemy to characterize a player who caught the second most TD passes in history as a "wasted talent", but I think it is still apropos in this case

19. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

Wasn't Randy Moss the one who came out and said he'd shatter all the WR records, especially Jerry Rice's? Don't think he'll do that now. I guess it goes to show the guy who does the job day in and day out for 20+ seasons wins in the end.

20. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Shaun Ellis to the Patriots. I sense a strong year for New England. Which means America wins.