1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Next shoe purchase

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Rrd0084, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Rrd0084

Rrd0084 Member

I need to buy a new pair of shoes but seem to be chasing my own tail.

I have one pair of AE bay fields in dark brown that I adore.

However, I am about to get a new job that is ok with business casual dress.

I have a pair of black oxfords that will probably be sufficient to get me through the few rare occasions I would need them.

But I'd like to add a shoe to the collection.

I was thinking black shell penny loafer since I mainly wear khakis and odd trousers. Or a black plain toe slip on.

If you go to the Aldenonmadison website you will see the two shoes I am considering.

My requirements are mainly a shoes I can wear from jeans to odd trousers and maybe suits. Made from shell. I'd consider lace up shoes and boots but am leaning towards a slip on.

Thanks for your help.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Hi,

I'm going to move your thread to menswear advice, where it may get more replied, and where your question will help other new users.

Also, it's unlike you are going to find a shoe that works with anything from denim to a suit. If you are going to wear it with jeans and also casual pants, maybe try a pair of the famous Alden chukkas? Here, in shell: http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=ALD_m_CHUKKA_BOOT_SHELL_CORDOVAN

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

I agree that you'll be hard pressed to find something that works with denim and suits. Plenty of guys wear loafers with suits, so maybe a cordovan penny loafer? There are also plenty of guys that wear shined up oxfords with denim, but it's not something I would ever consider doing. Can't go wrong with those Alden chukkas, but again, not something I would wear with a suit.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  4. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Well-Known Member

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Agree...only on the color. I hate tassels [​IMG]

6. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Well-Known Member

Different strokes for different folks :cheers: