• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New York City stores?

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're going to Barney's and Domenico Vacca, then you might as well stop by Cucinelli, Lobb, Berluti - they are all in the same general area. If you're planning on going just a bit further north, then you might also want to check out Peter Elliot, Barbour, maybe even the J. Crew Men's shop on 79th.

If you go just a bit further south on Madison, Turnbull & Asser at 57th is worth a look. Nice shop.

doughboysc

Reaction score
My suggestions: Turnbull & Asser at 50 E 57nd Street in NYC. Try J. Press in Madison Avenue too.

MrChris

Reaction score
Back from my trip, NYC sure is a fantastic city. Will come back soon again for sure.
Visited most stores mentioned in this thread. Could have easily bought 20 ties at Paul Stuart, but I put a strain on myself:D

Didn't actually buy that much, I'm trying to put a strain on myself and only buy what I really need, slowly building a quality wardrobe.
Purchases in NYC:

- Allen Edmonds - Strand (Dark Brown)
- Allen Edmonds - 5th Avenue (Walnut)
- 2 Pair of chinos (Beige and Navy)
- Some casual tshirts
- Grooming products

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
timing is everything............had your trip been next week, your shopping list would have been much different (and longer!).

Still, sounds like you had a good time :)

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
timing is everything............had your trip been next week, your shopping list would have been much different (and longer!).
Still, sounds like you had a good time
smile.gif

What's next week??

MrChris

Reaction score

Still, sounds like you had a good time :)

Sales next week?
If so my bank account got lucky I chose to visit this past week;) But it was a combines business and leasure trip so I didn't really have an option to choose which week to go.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sales next week?
If so my bank account got lucky I chose to visit this past week;) But it was a combines business and leasure trip so I didn't really have an option to choose which week to go.

yes, many sales will start next week. I know saks and neimans already started, barneys and bergdorf should be following suit.......

Radagast

Reaction score
Bumping this thread. I'll be in Manhattan for a couple days later this month. Schedule is fairly tight. Are there any stores in Brooklyn that demand a trip across the bridge?

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bumping this thread. I'll be in Manhattan for a couple days later this month. Schedule is fairly tight. Are there any stores in Brooklyn that demand a trip across the bridge?
Epaulet x 100000

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread..........

I will be going to NYC next month and will be looking to purchase sportscoats/blazers and ties. I am especially hoping to find some ties( Ferragamo,Tom Ford & Hermes,etc) at discounted prices. Right now my store list is the following:

Crockett & Jones - to try on shoes before ordering

Century 21 - WIll I find deals on great ties there?

SuitSupply

Any other stores worth checking out?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would skip domenico vacca (at least the one nearest Central Park). Poor staff, and clothes didn't look that great compared to other NYC options.

Barney's- be sure to check out sartorio and campagna brands, ground floor currently under construction and looks like ****

Attolini at Madison & 68th, worth a look. Shirts are extremely nice too

NYC trip never complete without a visit to RL mansion!

Oh, and leave OUT century 21. Waste of time and will just piss u off-- take a Woodbury commons bus trip instead

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would skip domenico vacca (at least the one nearest Central Park). Poor staff, and clothes didn't look that great compared to other NYC options.

Barney's- be sure to check out sartorio and campagna brands, ground floor currently under construction and looks like ****

Attolini at Madison & 68th, worth a look. Shirts are extremely nice too

NYC trip never complete without a visit to RL mansion!

Oh, and leave OUT century 21. Waste of time and will just piss u off-- take a Woodbury commons bus trip instead

I disagree with the C21 assessment; they have great deals on ties.

Brioni and TF ties for 80; Battistoni for $40(!). Ive even seen Zegna Couture ties for $60.

Also, saw an amazing solid navy Corneliani suit in 38R for $600; regret not picking it up.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads