1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I'm scurred now

edit: what was your reason for return each time?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  2. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

I ordered most of the time a lot of items (around 8-10 articles) and kept a few items of each order and sometimes full order return.

reason: I have very long arms so a lot of stuff just don't fit well.

3. gettoasty

So, you mark it as "too small"?

4. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

5. gettoasty

I've done this, too.

We will see if Yoox changes their policy, or actually individually exclude buyers. Will be interesting development.

6. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

I think it is very strange since I pay for shipping when I don't keep anything that is around 20$ in europe.

7. gettoasty

Which site are you ordering from, and which country is it being shipped to?

8. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

Yoox europe -> holland.

9. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

I will stick with Mr. Porter for now, never had any problems with them great customer service!

10. gettoasty

I think it may just be this one-time occurrence. Odd nevertheless, and in EU where their facility is based somewhere I believe

11. camomile

camomile Active Member

Yes, that is strange and also scary. Your orders look just like mine: you buy a few items and keep one or two because of fit. Return the others that don't fit. Their product descriptions are very cryptic, so that is how it has to be. I hope they don't start cracking down.

My last order was delayed for three weeks and I was afraid of something going on. Come to find out it was stuck in customs from Italy to US. That's the first time in years that's ever happened.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Actually, pretty much every retailer does this. I say "pretty much" because I don't know any retailer who does not, though I am sure that there are some. At some point, some customers just become liabilities. Remember, everytime you return something, that was 30 days of opportunity time lost to sell the goods to another customer. And on top of that, the retailer incurs overhead in re-inventorying, packing materials, etc... Not to mention that after a certain number of returns, goods can just become unsellable, just from the wear and tear of being tried on enough times, so that inventory is essentially a write-off. A customer has a value to the retailer, and beyond a certain point, that customer is deemed a liability. Even in the internet age, when things can spread by word of mouth easily, and so there is an incentive to not cut off a customer, there comes a point at which that customer is no longer worth the hassle.

7 people like this.
  13. gettoasty

very interesting new perspective. i have mixed feelings now. fwiw i take very good care of my goods upon returning ..

Yoox blacklist :fu:

1 person likes this.
  14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I barely ever return anything to an independent retailer, unless there was a tacit or explicit agreement, before the fact, that I was going to try on different sizes, and return the wrong size. Remember, for those guys, it's usually just one or two people doing everything. You are a PITA, and they will remember you. If you intend on becoming a regular customer, it's best to not be a dick, just like you wouldn't be a dick at a place that you go regularly for lunch. For the big guys, you really don't want to trip their red alerts, because a retailer like Yoox is a treasure trove, and if you are too much of a pain, they will just cut you off. They are constantly trying to improve their margins, and there are not too many good customer who would really hate to see a bad (always returning things) customer go, if only for the reason that they don't keep on seeing things disappear and reappear, and they will actually have a chanvce to buy things that haven't been through a dozen pairs of hands. I guess that moral of the story is that it doesn't pay to game the system, when the owner of the system can arbitrarily just bar you from the system.

1 person likes this.
  15. gettoasty

What you are saying is true, but i don't think anyone here is intentionally making returns to screw around but are unfamiliar with the vast offerings that is Yoox, in this case. I have worked with smaller stores and can understand the viewpoint from the smaller shop even more clearly since most of the time you communicate with the floor SA / owner.

I think you just make a good point a sound reminder for everyone.

I can't imagine what retailers go through especially at the volume during holidays. The logistics system of these big retailers must be some of the best in the world.

16. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

What I blame Yoox for is to reject twice my order without notifiying the reason for doing it. I had to call CS myself and they told me to get called back. If partial returning is a problem they also could tell me before blacklisting me off their website.

17. timotune

timotune Well-Known Member

also, if they didn't put such crappy pics on their website, returns would be much lower.
    + returns are normal for online retailers, and you kept a lot of stuff.

18. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

^ +1. Yes I have dozens of jackets from them.Anyway I think MR. Porter is much better in terms of pictures (they put actual sizes of the garments) and after sales. Yoox only wins with their prices.

19. Racing Green

Racing Green Well-Known Member

Fellow Europeans - YOOXGIFTS10 for 10% off and free shipping from the EU store.

20. JensenH

JensenH Well-Known Member

If Yoox wants to lower their return rate, they should do a better job with product descriptions and shipping errors. Quite a number of my returns were because of that. For example: an Attolini suit was ordered but a Borrelli Luxury Vintage was shipped instead. A suit marked as cashmere was actually a suit with a Loro Piana fabric label which clearly stated it was made of wool. A pair of shoes described as large-sized was actually TTS

Suits and S.C. are never specified if they are S, R, or L. Thus impossible to tell if not worn on a model. . Furthermore, Yoox is notorious for listing items as being Loro Piana products when in actuality are items (often from low end manufacturers) made with L.P. fabric.

2 people like this.