1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. harlemriver

harlemriver Well-Known Member

Noticed the same thing. The prices for standalone trousers in the new fall winter arrivals are outrageous. I don't see how currency fluctuations could be affecting the situation either as I would think they are buying in euros and selling in dollars to the U.S.

2. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

I was going t say exactly the same thing for Nike shoes.
    They are selling them at retail price.

3. super1flavor

super1flavor Well-Known Member

Yoox code: 15% off all items ONEDAY for today only.

Pulled trigger on two items. Contemplated waiting another week or so, considering Memorial Day and likely further drops, but 15% is pretty solid on a couple items already 30% off. I mean it seems 50% is the next stop anyway.

As for the above comments on Nike, etc, I never even consider buying American branded items from Yoox. I've noticed in the past that certain items, like J Brand denim, which I wear, will be full price, if not more. I noticed a pair on Yoox a few months back for $218, in a fit I can get with a Bloomingdales or Saks sale for $120 a pair. Yet, on Yoox, you can buy a $2400 Massimo Piombo blazer for $400. I tend to stick to Cucinelli and other out of reach brands for me on Yoox, then buy when they are literally a fraction of the price. I purchased a Cucinelli leather biker jacket last year for $990, original retail $5k. This is where Yoox is really works best.

4. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Well-Known Member

some drop in my dreambox

but i need a code

5. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

10FORYOOX. Only 10% off, but at least it will cover your sales tax!

6. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Well-Known Member

7. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Well-Known Member

I am expecting a code for US Memorial Day....

8. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Well-Known Member

another MONDAYBLUES
    for the usual 10 off till midnight

9. ffdg11

ffdg11 Active Member

I really need a 20% code this week!

10. super1flavor

You should take note; FarFetch is practically giving stuff away at the moment. Herno jackets for $200-$300. Zegna stuff is as cheap as I've seen in a while. There are comparable items, current season, on FarFetch from the same designers, that are in some cases noticeable less money than on Yoox. The higher pricing of many items on Yoox has been in discussion on here and having seen the sale on FarFetch, it is just a glaring example that Yoox would be justified dropping many of their prices. Correct me if I am wrong, but a discount site risks losing much of its client base if non-discount sites are offering better deals. Yoox has the shipping though..

11. manasdirge

manasdirge Well-Known Member

try this "crazy72", I received a note today but this didn't work for me, but no hurt trying huh?

12. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Well-Known Member

13. super1flavor

Not sure what you're looking at?
    http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...em-10926641.aspx?storeid=9336&ffref=lp_65_12_

In addition, I had a presale link since Friday from FarFetch and I scoped out several pieces that have sold out it looks like. Furthermore, there is a Z Zegna suit I am considering buying that is $434. At Nordstrom, that suit is $1295. I also just realized this sale is not in the EU or China, so if you're there, then it makes sense why you're not seeing these prices.

14. mtmindc

mtmindc Well-Known Member

Will have to agree that there are some deals to be had in the FF sale that Yoox can't match. Been in the market for a brown suede chukka and landed a pair of Church's Sahara w/ dainite soles for under $200 shipped.

FWIW, I think you're better off taking your $434 to Suitsupply.

15. Racing Green

Racing Green Well-Known Member

Europe - Yooxcode WARDROBE25

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. bsarosi

bsarosi Well-Known Member

I know this is the Yoox thread but wondering if anyone has a FarFetch promo code. Found a couple items that I'm thinking of snagging but never been on the site before.

17. kikicoco314

kikicoco314 New Member

My observation on Farfetch is that it rarely has promo codes. The best you can get is 20% off on items already in sale. And the window for this discount only opens in Jan/Feb and July/Aug. From time to time, there are free shipping coupons, which only apply to full-price items (The shipping is not free and is around $20-$30). If a friend who purchased an item before refers you, you will receive a 10% off coupon for full-price items. After your purchase, your friend too receives a 10% off coupon on full-price items.

That's pretty much all the coupons you can get. You don't need to look around, because there are no secret coupons (maybe I am wrong). All available coupons will be shown on the front page. Usually the deepest discount from a Farfetch store is 50% off, so the best deal you could get is 60% off retail prices (after applying the additional 20% off in Jan/Feb and July/Aug). It's not a mega deal by some people's definition. My reasoning is that stores in Farfetch are small- to median-scale stores. Their inventories are limited and they don't have the necessity (or capability) to clear everything out of season and absolve the cost.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Well-Known Member

well summed-up

I have ordered through farfetch once. The fact that certain sales items are from previous sales periods does seem to bear out what you say about SMEs not needing to clear out their whole inventory at the end of every season.

19. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I have an item showing up in my dream box, but it's not showing up on the general site. That is, it's showing up in stock in my dream box, but can't be found if you do a general search under the brand name.

Is the item likely sold out?

20. ffdg11

ffdg11 Active Member

It was probably moved to the sale/outlet section. You should find it by clicking on sale and then on the banner that says 'Clearance'.

Last edited: May 28, 2015