1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Well-Known Member

I agree with what others have said...you should be fine with 8.5 in the 110 if that works for you in the 1035. I'm the same size in both 110 and 1035. But I found that the 2030 pinched a bit in that size, so I would have to go a half size up on that last, same as you.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

This can be addressed more in the near future, but generally speaking it's a project we're both interested in. This coming summer should see some discussion of design and material choices that will ideally lead us to the boot we have in mind. So no! We haven't forgotten, we just want to get it right. I'll let @LA Guy chime in with news as it comes.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  3. shinypup

shinypup New Member

I'm trying to place a pre-order/vote before the deadline but the link shows nothing. New here and appreciate some help figuring this out.

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

This happened in April I believe and is closed keep an eye out there should be a new gmto late in the year or early next year

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

It's closed, and we have been waiting forever.

Frank did email me last week saying that nearly ALL of the boots are done, including the waxed flesh ones, and that hopefully they would be shipping out... end of last week, but that means that they are imminent. I'm going to ping them again.

Sorry for all the snafus this round. I dunno. Pretty much everything that could have happened, did, after many rounds of nearly zero issues.

6. shinypup

shinypup New Member

Thanks. The issue was really that I was looking at the Viberg GMTO post from 2014 ending in October. It was the first result that showed up when I did a search for Viberg GMTO so I didn't bother to check the year.

@LA Guy you have any estimate on when the next round would be?

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

We will probably do one last round towards the end of the year, hopefully for spring delivery.

Cheers,

Fok.

8. shinypup

shinypup New Member

Hey Fok. Thanks again for the estimation. Hopefully things go easy and I don't miss it. Looking forward to it :)

Jerry

9. Yexu5y

Yexu5y Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the next GTMO, dark coffee chromepak with the brogue cap.
    also if anyone is willing to let go of theirs, I'll buy it over retail, let me know.

10. Heatmiser

Heatmiser Well-Known Member

Need some advice on sizing a Viberg 2030 boot. I measure a US9.5D on the Brannock device but have a high instep and meaty forefoot so this size doesn't always work well for me. My foot fits perfect in the US9.5E Alden Trubalance & Alden Barrie lasts. I could go up to a US10D in both of these Alden lasts but the shoe is a little to long IMO and the ball of my foot sits back a little from the widest point in this length. What size Viberg 2030 Service Boot should I get? Do they offer the boots in various widths?

11. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Lots of sizing posts in the main Viberg thread, but some people take the same as Barrie. Some folks go down .5 from Brannock and others a full size. You would probably be safe with a 9.5. Good luck.

The 2030 is E width and if you want to go wider you have to go with a different last (2040/2045/110 etc).

1 person likes this.