1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New TV Show Heroes

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Man In Space, Sep 27, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

This season was completely sub par to me, until tonight. Good show, and though it harks back to last season's recap/future show, I thought it brought some new (and interesting) developments to the table.

I don't think Bennett is going to die, personally.. he's kind of integral to the storyline. It was also nice to see Parkman grow a pair.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

You notice how Parkman and Claire's storylines sort of echoed each other this episode?

Frankly, I can't wait for next weeks expository show.

3. Viktri

Viktri Well-Known Member

This show is too awesome. Adam Monroe? The symbolism in this show is crazy - names and everything. Isn't is all so wrong yet right? Hiro didn't distort the time-space continuum but all the same.. it's messed up.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

This week's episode was the best so far in an unwatchable season. I like the idea of Adam the Immortal Hero, him and Claire could breed the true Aryan super-race if they ever hooked up

I'm still waiting for the time when Unremarkable Ando gets an Iron Man suit and can blast fools with his plasma fusion rocket blasters

5. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Last night definitely was an improvement over the prior episodes, especially the end ... they were sort of just lagging for a while, I suppose setting everything into place.

6. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

Last night definitely was an improvement over the prior episodes, especially the end ... they were sort of just lagging for a while, I suppose setting everything into place.

+1

Also, next week's episode looks awesome, like what the second half of last year was like. I think it's kind of cool that they had Takezo Kensei/Adam live to the present as well, I sort of wondered how the regenerative thing would affect aging.

7. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

I love that his name is Adam. First hero? First man? OOh, I get it!

8. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

It would have been much more interesting if they would have made Claire Kenzo/Adam's kid, given that the abilities seem to pass on in some form or another from the parents to the kids. Agreed all around on the comments that this week was the best of the season so far. I'm just dreading the next episode where we'll have to see the wonder idiots and Sylar again. Ugh.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I think that the writers (if they end their strike) should read this thread and make Maya's brother able to create zombies. That would bring the show this season from bad to next level shit.

Also, I hope that they bring in a super-hero-ized version of Randy Couture to thump Sylar, who is becoming exceedingly annoying. Maybe Super Randy could just throw Maya, annoying brother, and annoying Sylar all into deepspace, then retreat back to the super Octagon.

Does anyone else think that the reason Sylar cannot use his powers is that he is infected with the virus?

10. Tokyo Slim

I think that the writers (if they end their strike) should read this thread and make Maya's brother able to create zombies. That would bring the show this season from bad to next level shit.

Also, I hope that they bring in a super-hero-ized version of Randy Couture to thump Sylar, who is becoming exceedingly annoying. Maybe Super Randy could just throw Maya, annoying brother, and annoying Sylar all into deepspace, then retreat back to the super Octagon.

Does anyone else think that the reason Sylar cannot use his powers is that he is infected with the virus?

Since you liked my zombie idea, here's some more stuff for the scab writers to plagiarize off the interweb for the rest of the season:

Sylar cannot use his powers because he is being held in a "nightmare coma". He's being held there by Parkman Sr. (who is working with Adam/Kenzo) who rescued him after his fight with Peter at the end of last season.

The whole wonder twins storyline is some sort of randomized loop created so that Sylar won't catch on that he's imprisoned inside a dream. Twins are running, they get captured, they use their powers to escape, they run, they get captured, etc.

Eventually, Sylar will realize he's trapped in a maze and bust out with a vengeance. Except, he won't wake up, he'll bust out of his dream, and into all the other ones that Parkman Sr. has woven over the years. Sylar will be able to learn the powers of anyone who's mind Parkman Sr. has ever read in preparation for another showdown with Peter.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Since you liked my zombie idea, here's some more stuff for the scab writers to plagiarize off the interweb for the rest of the season:

Sylar cannot use his powers because he is being held in a "nightmare coma". He's being held there by Parkman Sr. (who is working with Adam/Kenzo) who rescued him after his fight with Peter at the end of last season.

The whole wonder twins storyline is some sort of randomized loop created so that Sylar won't catch on that he's imprisoned inside a dream. Twins are running, they get captured, they use their powers to escape, they run, they get captured, etc.

Eventually, Sylar will realize he's trapped in a maze and bust out with a vengeance. Except, he won't wake up, he'll bust out of his dream, and into all the other ones that Parkman Sr. has woven over the years. Sylar will be able to learn the powers of anyone who's mind Parkman Sr. has ever read in preparation for another showdown with Peter.

This would wrap too many things up, and the randomized loop idea is far too clever to be used. Therefore, I circular file this [​IMG]

12. Tokyo Slim

This would wrap too many things up, and the randomized loop idea is far too clever to be used. Therefore, I circular file this [​IMG]

It wouldnt be any more of a wrap up than the end of season one. Plus we'd finally get to find out what Ms. Petrelli/Kaito Nakamura/and Werner Brandis (Ned Ryerson, Ned "the head" - Case Western High! Bing!!) etc's powers are.

Always best to go about your show as if every season is your last. [​IMG]

13. Brian278

This week's episode was better. The twins storyline still sucks.

Also, Kristen Bell is hot.

14. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

This week's episode was better. The twins storyline still sucks. Also, Kristen Bell is hot.
    +1 to both. Interesting to see if they will play it straight with Adam/Kensei. I still don't believe he's a do-gooder.

15. Brian278

+1 to both. Interesting to see if they will play it straight with Adam/Kensei. I still don't believe he's a do-gooder.

I'm expecting Adam to eventually meet Hiro in the present and try to kill him again.

16. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I'm expecting Adam to eventually meet Hiro in the present and try to kill him again.
    Yeah, so do I. But I think they'll have him be up to something on a bit larger scale as well. Somehow, I think he's more wrapped up in this virus thing then they've let on.

17. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

18. Brian278

Interesting article -- Heroes producer apologizes for season 2 suckiness. Seems like he understands the source of the problems. Too bad he's on strike now:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

It sure started off pretty mediocre, but the last 2-3 episodes have been pretty good.

Does anyone know about what time the writer's strike is supposed to end the appearance of new episodes for all shows?

19. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Well-Known Member

Does anyone know about what time the writer's strike is supposed to end the appearance of new episodes for all shows?

Depends on the show. Some have a bunch of completed episodes, others don't. IIRC, Heroes has nothing in the can after next week's episode because there was a planned break. Lost will start up in February with only 7-8 episodes completed pre-strike.

A friend of mine who works in TV production says that the prevailing view among his peers is that the strike will end, and production restart, in Feb '08. I don't know if that's the hunger threshold when everyone runs out of money, or if there is some other reason for 2/08 being an operative time frame.

20. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine who works in TV production says that the prevailing view among his peers is that the strike will end, and production restart, in Feb '08. I don't know if that's the hunger threshold when everyone runs out of money, or if there is some other reason for 2/08 being an operative time frame.

Yeah, it's called an extra long holiday vacation.